Sugar alcohols? Just ordered Atkins bars and?????

Chad M.
on 1/14/11 2:05 am, edited 1/14/11 2:06 am - Indianapolis, IN
It fluctuates a lot for me. None of the atkins bars bother me. There is really only one that I ever buy these days though. It is whichever one has no sugar alcohols and has 18g of protein. Most of them are too low in protein to bother with.

Most of the time sugar alcohols really do not bother me. Some of the protein bars I buy have them, some don't. No big deal. Sugar free candy, though, can really do a number on me if I eat too much of it. I ate a small bag of it one night and regretted it for a couple of hours.
P. Poster
on 1/14/11 3:25 am
 SAs don't bother me at all, even in very high doses (like the SF honey I use, it has 17g SA per TBSP and I often use more than that).  It really is a YMMV thing.
Tonya M.
on 1/14/11 9:59 am - Grand Rapids, MI
I love the new dark chocolate almond coconut crunch bar by Atkins.  It's so good, kind of like a chewy granola bar with dark chocolate on the bottom.  Sugar alcohols don't bother me, just like bean...I must be one of the few around here who don't have issues with them.  Although I've never sat down and ate a whole bag of sugar free candy yet, I hear that is what gets most people (even non-DSers).  My girlfriend Debbie (who is diabetic) has suffered the consequences from doing this and has a really funny story to go with it...lol.
Bobbye
on 3/26/11 3:28 am
My Atkins Advantage caramel bar now says that it has 7 grams of sugar alcohol...And it didn't say that before.
So I think they recently changed the amounts. I'm going to have to stop using them because they are making my stomach hurt.
I have used these bars for over 3 years.
Mommy2006
on 1/14/11 10:10 am
I thought I would have no problem with them.
I was wrong. :)

I would take it easy, try maybe just one of them that has 2. I was very surprised to find out they bothered me as much as they did/do.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 325 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 783 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 261 views