Calcium

angermanis
on 3/27/11 4:45 am - Maple Glen, PA
Afternoon All!
I was wondering if you all could help me out with this one. I have an almost full bottle of Calcium 500mg with D3 - 200iu in which I would like to use up if possible. I am 3 weeks out and right now I am taking the 3 multi high ADEK. Is it ok to add this to my regimen and if yes, how much should I be taking a day? Just curious as to what you all started to add this soon out if any and if there was a way I could use this bottle up. Any and all feeback is great appreciated. Thanks so much!

Andrea

MajorMom
on 3/27/11 4:59 am - VA
As long as the calcium is calcium citrate and not calcium carbonate, you could add it now. I was on a combo multi "bariatric blend" but they had me adding calcium citrate to it right away. I had to cut the suckers in half to take them because they were so big. Its 2 tablets for 500mg, right? You could take 4 doses of 500mg, spread throughout the day and be about right. 

BTW, that bariatric blend didn't work for me but Vitalady's plan did. Let me know if you need a copy of her plan. You can also go to her web site and there's a link to the plan as well as a way to order to whole basic started plan with one click.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

beemerbeeper
on 3/27/11 5:00 am - AL
Why wouldn't you want to use that Calcium?  I'm sure the dose is 2 tabs to get that 500 mgs.  The D in it is not enough to bother counting, but the Calcium should be fine.

It's the multis with high ADEKs that don't have enough ADEKs in them that you want to replace with separate DRY A, D, E and K pretty soon.

~Becky

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 625 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 985 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 335 views