irritable bowel 6 years post DS

mooka55
on 3/29/11 8:38 pm - Pittston, PA
I'm now 6 years out from surgery, and for about a year have been taking bentyl after being diagnosed with IBS. I started getting muscle spasms in my stomach that would double me over, and after test at the hospital, that was what they came up with. The bentyl works great, but I was wondering if any of you oldie's have had this problem?
Lori Black
on 3/29/11 8:45 pm - , IN
I was never diagnosed with IBS, but I really, REALLY have been around the block with multiple BM's per day. I'm almost 4 years out and for me, I now know that almost 95% of my output is directly related to what I put in. If I put in **** it's what comes out. (I'm being dead serious,simple carbs send me to the bathroom while protein and complex carbs in moderation keep me at about 2 bm's per day, usually the morning). My bm issues were so bad at 18 months out that my GI doc had me on Bentyl AND liquid opium. I have come to the conclusion since that brief point in my history that I don't tolerate gluten or lactose in my diet. I do splurge from time to time, but for the most part I'm on the up and up with my diet. My body screams at me when I'm not. Glad the Bentyl is working for you!
mooka55
on 3/29/11 9:19 pm - Pittston, PA
I usually have 2 bm's in the morning and 1 at night, and yes carbs produce more frequent bm's. Occasionally, to many carb's will lead to a quick uncontrolable BM that if I don't get to a bathroom quick enough, I have an accident. But the muscle spasm's in my tummy don't seem to be related to my bm's. They just come on out of the blue. Could be stress related as there is a ton of it in my life for the last 3 years. Thanks for replying,...............Louise
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 325 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 783 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 261 views