1 year later...photos galore...

Emily F.
on 4/4/11 11:59 am
 Okay, let's try this again, since my first one disappeared. :)

April 5th 2010 Easter Sunday, I left my 3 young children in Florida and flew with my mother across the continent to the west coast of Mexico to get DS surgery from Ungson. I was 110% happy with my experience in Mexcio, the surgery, the team of doctors, everything was wonderful. Its all on my blog to help others. 

I had textbook recovery. Little dehydration around week 3, but got through it. Only negative is my scar keloided which no one can really help that. I only took 9 days off work which I'm sure is the best case scenario. I think my young age and health had to do with it. I have bounced back from all my surgeries very quickly. 

The biggest downfall is there is no ds surgeon in Florida. So I'm constantly explaining myself but wouldn't trade it for nothing. Really treasure the board and all the dsers. **group hug**

I went for my first dental cleaning since wls and the dental hygenist told me I would get a boob job and leave my husband. I was absolutely horrified someone would think that of me. But then again, you hear about it happening. I never worried for a moment about my marriage. We met I was a size 14 and thought I looked damn good. We've both gained 100 lbs PLUS. He constantly tells me I'm beautiful, he did when I weighted 370, he tells me now that I'm 160 with all that skin, so basically he is a damn liar but I appreciate the sentiment. And he has never said a SINGLE word about the ds bathroom. :)  He is pro plastics, I'm a lucky girl. :)

The pros. I could write volumes. I'm a better person. I have energy. I'm more active in life with my job, my children my bedroom. lol. I was happy with my life before surgery, now I'm happy with MYSELF in addition to my life. I'm joyful. I take care of myself. I enjoy drinking protein shakes that I know are good for me. I like getting my lab work and setting down with my Andrea U's labtracker work book and chart all the graphs and see where I'm at. I love my ds family of friends who tell me the truth!!!

I gained weight when I was 8 ironically when my dad got sober (coindence? not sure lol) but always had really low esteem. I have a pic of me in a bathing suit when I was 5, very normal sized, but I remember stretching out my hands on my thighs to cover them for the pic. 5. I have no idea where it came from. I do my DAMNEST to keep these problems from my girls.

Stats
highest weight 370 when I was pregnant with my twins 2004 maternity size 30-32
surgery weight 286 size 24
Now 160s size 10
Shoe was 12 to 10-11, I wear heels all day and they are comfortable!!! Never happened before.

Now the fun. pic.
before.jpg image by cneclevengerbeforebeforeI.jpg image by cneclevenger

after.jpg image by cneclevenger364 days later. :)

Thank for all you contribute on the board. Love you guys!

meredith_123
on 4/4/11 12:06 pm - Waterford, MI
wow you look great!!  I can't wait to have my surgery. 
  5'5" -- HW 275/SW 246/GW 130/CW 157      
kjfras
on 4/4/11 12:10 pm - North Lauderdale, FL

You look AWESOME Emily!!!

Congrats on your weight loss ..... you are totally rockin' that DS girlie!! 

Kerry J                   Stillhopefull (Terry) is my Angel!!!! 
                                                    Angel to Baylady35310 (Linda)
7/9/01 RNY - 354 HW down to 192 LW
12/6/10 DS Revision - GW 170
DS HW 353
DS SW 332

DS CW 184 (-148 since surgery / -169 total) 

Plastics completed by Dr.Sauceda in MX 8/9/13 - LBL w anchor cut, long thigh lift, breast lift, butt augmentation and arm lift.               

Renee2007
on 4/4/11 12:16 pm - Central, FL
 What a great update and you look FABULOUS!

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

Jennifer D.
on 4/4/11 12:23 pm
You were always a cutie! Congrats on rockin your DS Emily!! You look great. And Happy. : )
                                      Jennifer
          Thank you Cheri and Holly!
       Think twice, cut once! I've had 3 surgeries now, RNY, VSG and DS .
                                Ask me about the DS or visit dsfacts.com
2002 - RNY
2010 - RNY to VSG
2011 - Full DS-August 24th
                HW 311   SW 306  CW 235  GW 150
gak
on 4/4/11 12:31 pm
Revision on 06/21/13
Wonderful update Emily !  Love the pics ! 

Ginger<><  
 Revision #2 Dr John Rabkin June 21, 2013; First Revision DS - Dr Maguire
  5-18-09; First DS 7-15-2003 Dr Clark Warden = Third time is the charm   

Larissa P.
on 4/4/11 12:36 pm - Denton, TX
We're just two day apart from surgiversaries (and light years apart in proper surgeon choices, but I digress).

You look fabbo, and isn't life grand now?
Duodenal Switch hybrid due to complications.

Click! > DS Documents ~ VitaLady.com ~ DSFacts.com ~ OH DS FB
calendargirl
on 4/4/11 12:51 pm - Land of Oz, KS
DS on 04/20/12

You look absolutely fabulous!  What a great DS story.

C-Girl

Starting Stats: Ht: 5' 0" HW: 242 ~ SW: 229.9 ~ CW: 117 ~ Goal: 124.9 ("normal" BMI)
% EWL @ 03 months: 36%             % EWL
 @ 09 months: 80%
% EWL @ 06 months: 63%             % EWL @ 12 months + 2 weeks: 100%

KimberlyHeidi
on 4/4/11 2:01 pm - VA
 Wow you look amazing! 
Candace Sparkles
on 4/4/11 3:37 pm
Wow, you look amazing! Congrats on all of your success!

My DS

100% EWL achieved!

sw 291/cw 134/gw 145 (Resetting goal to 135!) (resetting yet again to 120!)

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 973 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1166 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 430 views