I am still here

lorrilee
on 5/10/11 12:55 pm - AZ
Post Date: 5/10/11 7:35 pm
I am still alive :) after my last post I went to the ER the next day I spent 2 weeks in PV hospital where they took me off some of my meds that may have been causing me not to be able to walk or even move my legs. Not sure if it was due to meds or lack of any nutrtiontrition. I voted for the lack of nutrition. So Hustad put in a feeding tube. then I had to go to 2 weeks in a nurseing home for rehab to help build me back up again. I came home on sat. While I was in the home I had a appt with Hustead so the home took me in a wheel chair van and I was shocked they took me to his new office at st lukes. I will not go to st lukes I hated it there every time I went and if he is only going to be at st lukes I have to find a new doc. Dr Simon also saw me at PV hospital and he was wonderful I hope its true that he is taking over for Hustead.
I have no idea how long I will be on this feeding tube I am on it 20 hours a day off 4 hours.
I am still not able to eat so could be awhile. at least I get all my fluids every day which makes me feel so much better. Had a wonderful mothers day with my kids and grandkids even if I could only sit in a chair being awake for more then 1 hour at a time is great.
thank you for asking about me
I hope this helps update everyone on how I am doing
have a great night
lorilee
Janine P.
on 5/10/11 1:00 pm - Long Island, NY
I wish you the best of luck in the world, Sweetheart. 

Janine   Me on Youtube 

zuzupetals2u2
on 5/10/11 2:33 pm - Sedona, AZ
so when you say Husted is only going to be at St Lukes that means he is not doing f/us just surgery?????? I am glad to hear Dr Simon is so nice because he hasnt returned a message I left many days ago and it didnt seem like it was going to be a good thing. I will try again to call him I guess. What is PV hospital??

1985 Verticle Banded Gastroplasty to DS revision 2010     sw 280 gw 140 cw 188 hw 360

“If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.?
Winnie the Pooh

(deactivated member)
on 5/10/11 10:33 pm - Lancaster, OH
Lorilee,
Thank you for posting an update on yourself.  I'm so sorry that you're having to endure this.  I hope you regain your strength quickly.
Glad you're getting the fluids in, and, as difficult as a feeding tube must me (no experience with it), it beats not getting anything in.
Wishing you a very speedy recovery.
Elizabeth N.
on 5/10/11 10:39 pm - Burlington County, NJ
Oh thank heavens!!!!!! I am SO relieved to see a sign of life from you.

That feeding tube (is this IV or in your belly?) is what you should have had WEEKS ago. Your surgeon has done you a favor by getting affiliated with a hospital you won't use. You need to dump him anyway and find a surgeon who is stable and has a far better record for aftercare. This is actually the first favor he has done you.
Blank Out
on 5/11/11 12:02 am
 I am sorry for all your troubles!  Thanks for checking in!  I pray you get stronger with each day!

HW/ 302  SW/287  CW/140  GW/135

Nicolle
on 5/11/11 12:13 am, edited 5/11/11 12:14 am
Good to see you posting--we were worried about you!

Take care and keep us up-to-date when you can,

Nicolle

I had the kick-butt duodenal switch (DS)!

HW: 344 lbs      CW: 150 lbs

Type 2 diabetes and sleep apnea GONE!

larra
on 5/11/11 12:17 am - bay area, CA
We've been worried about you! Good to see you here, and glad you're feeling better.
    Sounds like you may have found a winner with Dr. Simon. Please keep us posted on your progress and let us know how things go with him.

Larra
(deactivated member)
on 5/11/11 10:35 am
J G.
on 5/11/11 3:05 pm
Lorrilee,  have you gotten any info about why you can't eat?  I sure hope you are able to build up your strength soon.  Please keep us posted.  Feel better, Jenny
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 523 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 925 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 2 replies · 307 views