Diet, A Couple Of Years Out

Angus Wright
on 7/10/11 1:19 pm - Ottawa Canada, Canada
Hey everyone,

I'm a couple of years out from my DS, and I've put on about 10lbs and not liking it. Not so much from a size perspective but my pants are tight and I feel bloated.

So I want to lose the 10 pounds again, and am not sure how to go about it.

What do you guys eat this far out? 

Thanks! 

AmandaID
on 7/10/11 2:05 pm - Shoshone, ID
 My best advice to you would be to go high protein, low carb. However, remember that it's normal to put on 10-20 lbs "bounceback" at 2-4 years out, as your body "settles." It sucks, though! And just because it's normal, doesn't mean we have to like it! I haven't been able to ever get back down to my lowest, but I am able to drop 5 now and again by going high protein, very low carb.

Good luck!

Amanda in ID
DS ~ Dec. 7, 2005, with Dr. Marchesini in Curitiba, Brazil
sw289/lw135/gw137/cw150
PS ~ June 6 & 19, 2008, with Dr. Kuster, Vila Velha, Brazil
check out my website at http://myweb.cableone.net/aeller5/DS/default.htm

Angus Wright
on 7/11/11 3:36 am - Ottawa Canada, Canada
 Thanks for the advice. I'm going to try that for sure! 

beemerbeeper
on 7/10/11 2:26 pm - AL
Some of us "maintainers" and some folks who are trying to loose regain/rebound post on the bites and vites thread what we eat.

I've been seriously trying to loose a 10 lb regain for 5-6 weeks by keeping my carbs under 50 with limited success.  I may have lost 3-4 lbs of that 10. 

I'm sticking with the very low carb plan until the end of July and then am going to reassess.

~Becky

Angus Wright
on 7/11/11 3:36 am - Ottawa Canada, Canada
 It's a challenge eh? I've been baking up a storm. I'm going to have to settle down with that! 

Spezza_Fan
on 7/10/11 9:39 pm - Gatineau, Canada
Hey dude!
You are looking great man. I would do the low-carb + high-protein like most have suggested. If you are able to cut your carbs to under 20g, you should be able to lose it in under a month. Let us know how it goes and thanks for the update on your status. It's great to see you again.

Derek
StartW: 406.6    SurgeryW: 370.8    LastW: 249.6    ThisW: 246.6  
VSG SURGERY ON MARCH 10TH, 2011
Follow my journey on YouTube at www.YouTube.com/Dirik29
Angus Wright
on 7/11/11 3:37 am - Ottawa Canada, Canada
 Thanks Derek! You're looking good too! Congrats on your loss! i'll keep you posted for sure! 

Erin C.
on 7/12/11 12:49 am - Chesley, Canada
Well hello Angus...been a while now. You are looking wonderful hun. I have also experienced some regain and have been totally freaking out about it. I don't have advice for you on how to lose it as I am in the same boat of trying to figure it out. Two years post-op feels great if only the regain didn't occur. I am going to also try to alter the diet to the low carb-high protein as suggested.
(baking has to stop at this house too...lol)
Good luck to you hun, you can do it
Poodles
on 7/13/11 5:29 am - TX
How did you gain the 10?  I often wonder if it is the diet or the body readjusting to things that makes us gain.

Now that I am almost 2 years out, I want to stay right around where I am at.  Don't want to lose any more, but don't want to gain it either. 

Slippery slope, I guess...
 Come to the Dark Side!!!                     
Band to DS revision 11/09/09.
Learn about the Duodenal Switch at dsfacts.com ! Off site comparisons of the 4 WLS 
http://www.thinnertimes.com/weight-loss-surgery/wls-basics/w eight-loss-surgery-comparison.html
http://www.lapsf.com/weight-loss-surgeries.html

Hope_Britton
on 8/3/11 7:57 am - Cambridge, Canada
 I did the same thing Angus .. I am 2.5yrs out and gained 10lbs! I don't like it either! It freaks me out and scares me because I do NOT want to be that person again!

* Highest Weight 238 * Pre. Surg. Weight  222 *
* Current Weight 134 * Goal Weight 125 * (was at 125 but bounced up a bit!) :(

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 739 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1038 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 349 views