I bought 6 roasts===roast recipes??!

Katy S.
on 8/15/11 2:32 pm - WA
Safeway had bogo on roasts, so I spent 45$ and got 6 3+lb beef roasts...Now I need some ABSOLUTELY delicious roast recipes... I am trying to embrace my inner carnivore here

ps: I tried fage with cheesecake pudding mix and it definitely doesn't match up to flavor, maybe I am doing it wrong? I used fat free because that's all they had at the store but I will try another if someone has a better experience? adding strawberry jam helped a *little*
"Hi, my name is Katy...and I am a meat eating spin junkie"
HW: 336/DOS: 306/CW: 153/GW: 140?
~ CSz: 5 - S/M

* G1: 199# 09/28/11 * G2: 175# 11/30/11 * G3: 160# 12/09/11(
"People too weak to follow their dreams, will always try to find a way to discourage yours"

(deactivated member)
on 8/15/11 2:37 pm - Beverly, NJ
Thats a lot of roast lol
I'm anxious to see the recipes start popping up.
the only thing I know how to do is to sear it and then add it to a dutch oven and let it slow cook all day with veggies and some potatoes.
I mean could you could slice it up and make roast burgers?
Katy S.
on 8/15/11 2:45 pm - WA
I'm wanting slow cooker recipes mostly, Its much easier for me to season and throw it in then to cut it up etc, I bought them for slow cooking, we have 6 people in our house so even if I salvage some of it for my own snacking a lot will be eaten by the rest of them lol :)
"Hi, my name is Katy...and I am a meat eating spin junkie"
HW: 336/DOS: 306/CW: 153/GW: 140?
~ CSz: 5 - S/M

* G1: 199# 09/28/11 * G2: 175# 11/30/11 * G3: 160# 12/09/11(
"People too weak to follow their dreams, will always try to find a way to discourage yours"

(deactivated member)
on 8/15/11 10:24 pm, edited 8/15/11 10:25 pm - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with
This is one of my most favorite versatile marinades.  I use it as a marinade, also to roast veggies in (if you roast them to caramelized and then get the caramelized stuff off with chicken broth, it makes a deep rich broth, like a french onion soup broth), as a salad dresssing, or a sandwich drizzle. 

1 batch equals 1 cup

1/2 cup oil (I use Zesty Dipping Oil, it has italian spices and peppers in it, but original recipe calls for just oil)
1/4 cup red wine vinegar (I use balsamic,  or a balsamic glaze - just cuz!)
1/4 cup LOW SODIUM soy sauce, tamarai sauce (I use Bragg's Aminos).  The low sodium part is important, or its overwhelming.
****pots of garlic.

I typically marinate overnight, but its not necessary.

*edit to add, cooking wise depends on what my day looks like.  If I am out and about, I will crock the meat. If I am at home and going to stay there, I will cook at 225 all day, 7ish hours, depending on weight of meat, and then baste with drizzle and convect for a few minutes.
BBoop
on 8/15/11 11:25 pm
I use Wishbone Italian Dressing as a marinade...don't use the whole bottle...a friend of mine did that one time.  Let it sit overnight if you can...if not it is perfect for a crock pot.  Add veggies at the end.

Delish.

Betty
hopingintx
on 8/15/11 11:27 pm

Here's one that I bookmarked early out:  Peel & half potatoes add with carrots to bottom of crock pot.  Put roast on top.  Cover roast with 1 can of cream of mushroom soup and 1 pkg. dry onion soup mix.  Cover and slow cook about 8 hours (low) or 4 hours on high.  Very tender and flavorful.  Enjoy.
Nancy            
marilyn A.
on 8/15/11 11:41 pm - willoughby, OH
DS on 03/17/94
Put roast in dutch oven or crock pot . Pile sliced mushrooms on top and cover with a can of cream of celery soup. Put crock pot on low for about 6-8 hours. Always a favorite around here!
Julie R.
on 8/16/11 12:06 am - Ludington, MI
 We just served this at my son's rehearsal dinner and received rave reviews.   It works best with a leaner cut of roast.....not sure what kind you got:

1 package Good Seasons dressing mix
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
Three or so cloves of smashed garlic
2 c. of beef consomme or concentrated beef stock (we get the beef base from LeGout and make a triple concentrate  - 1 tablespoon to 1 cup of water)

Rub the garlic, Good Seasons, Italian seasoning on the roast, place in crockpot.
Pour consomme over the roast and let it cook for ten to twelve hours.

Serve on crusty buns with provolone cheese and pepper rings.
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

sandy_mt
on 8/16/11 12:48 am
 This is the best roast ever, in my opinion!

1 pkg dry ranch dressing mix
1 pkg italian dressing mix
1 pkg brown gravy mix
1/2 cup water

Mix all 3 pkgs in the 1/2 cup water.  Pour over your roast in crock pot and cook all day.  I always cut up potatoes, carrots and onions but you don't have to.  It makes a delicious gravy if you want it over mashed potatoes.  Of course, I was making those during my pre op days.  The flavor is amazing!!!

Sandy

yorkieGal
on 8/16/11 12:51 am - Clermont, FL

Oooooohhhh Julie, that sounds so good!!! That is going on the menu for tomorrow night lol

I put rings of onion in the bottom of the crock pot, put the roast on top and then add half a cup lawrys steak and chop marinade and a can of condensed french onion soup, cook on low for 8-9 hours depending on size of rost. The man has it over egg noodles and I just have mine with some mashed cauliflower that has had a ton of butter and shredded cheese and cracked black pepper to it (faux mashed potatoes).

Got to go shopping now darn it lol!!

Yorkie xx

Had a band in 2005 at 280lbs, had band removed and DS done on Jan 22nd 08 at 220lbs in Spain, now 135lbs and a size 4!! Happy as a Clam!!Dontcha love the DS? It's the best tool around!!                

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 333 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 799 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 268 views