Lets talk about hemroids....

Amy_Kleve
on 9/18/11 11:30 am - Adrian, MN
Will they ever go away????

I've never had hemroids before the DS. I actually had to look up what exactly they were because I knew something didn't feel right down there!

How can I ease the pain or help them go away? I tried hemroid cream, that doesn't really help. Desitin baby diaper cream helps with itching, but does it really help them heal? I do use mirilax, but its not making them go away. Grrrrr....

Lap band 4 years ago. Revised to DS 8-2-11

sdld2001
on 9/18/11 1:21 pm - Summerville, SC
You may want to get the medicated wipes or some witch hazel to clean yourself with after you have a BM. And put the cream on every time you go to the bathroom even if you just pee. You can also get suppositories and the best time to use them is right before you lay down for bed at night so you're off your feet and it gives it the best amount of time to work. You gotta keep that stuff slathered on for a few days and then they will start to shrink up. Sometimes it takes about a week for mine to go away completely.
Mindee

HW - 274 / SW - 265 / CW - 178 / GW 140          High BMI 53.5 / Current BMI 34.8  
Amy_Kleve
on 9/19/11 4:23 am - Adrian, MN
Thank you, I will try this

newyorkbitch
on 9/18/11 1:22 pm
hemmorhoids
kramer5
on 9/18/11 1:46 pm - Washington, KS
I have very bad hemmorhoids and have had them for years.  Mine never really go away, but they do shrink to a managable level.  Mine have a tendency to get thrombosed and then I have to have them lanced (ouch!).  My main problem is diarreah, if I can stay away from that I tend to do well.  Good luck with yours and take care of them.
Dawn

strawberry28
on 9/18/11 2:10 pm - somewhere, MD
My first hemmoroid was post DS too. It totally freaked me out. I currently have my now second experience with them, not fun. As suggested above ( not sure if yours is external or internal) use the medicated wipes, creams, and suppositories faithfully. My first was external so minimum pain , but took weeks to go away. My current one is more internal and more painful. So I'm using suppositories more faithfully for this one. And eating and cutting slightly back on the calcium to keep things soft to allow for healing.

Hth
SW= 268     
CW= 145  ***GOAL REACHED on Christmas Day 2010****             
GW=145
5'6"       BMI= 23
 LapBand 3/2006 to Revision DS 12/2009
Get the FACTS about the Duodenal Switch at www.DSFACTS.com or http://www.duodenalswitch.com/

Extended Tummy Tuck, BL/BA scheduled for 11/18/11 Dr. Larry Lickstein          

Amy_Kleve
on 9/19/11 4:24 am - Adrian, MN
Idk if mine or inside or outside, how can I tell??

J G.
on 9/18/11 2:34 pm
Prilosec twice a day - make the poop less acidic
Imissthe80s
on 9/19/11 5:25 am - Louisville, KY
DS on 02/27/12
Are hemorrhoids a common thing with DSers? Are suppositories OTC or prescribed only? Should I take Prilosec in order to prevent them altogether?

Amy_Kleve
on 9/20/11 10:53 am - Adrian, MN
I'm not too sure. I'm thinking so because of the acidity of most bowel movements. I don't take prilosec because I never had heart burn. But, if I knew it would prevent hemroids, I would have taken it.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 308 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 774 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 258 views