is sublingual stuff always absorbable by DSers

Heres2anewme
on 9/26/11 12:53 am - TX
I was unaware of the fact that I needed more than the 5000 IUs I take daily. The booster I received was of D3 from the doctor's office (not a prescription). I did come across over the counter D3 that are 50,000 IUs, so I guess I better pick those up and increase my intake. Thank you!!
Jamille            ~If it's God's will for me, then it will be~
                                            I Being A Mommy!!

beemerbeeper
on 9/25/11 11:08 am - AL
Your age does not figure into any equation that concerns vitamins after the DS in my opinion.  Your supplementation should be guided by the experience of vets here and your personal lab results.

~Becky

J G.
on 9/25/11 3:35 pm
K2 is beneficial not only to bone health but cardiovascular health, too, so even being age 27 it is probably good to look at....
clancyrose
on 9/25/11 8:53 am - Montgomeryville, PA
surgery date nov 21st and all this vitamin lingo is making me nervous...feels like I am reading latin..hope by surgery i will know what you are all talking about!
MajorMom
on 9/25/11 9:15 am - VA
A good web site to start reading is Linus Pauling but get to Vitalady's web site and take a look at the basic DS plan there. 

The literature you'll see is written on Linus Pauling is for normal folks but it may help you fell more confident.

Linus Pauling link: lpi.oregonstate.edu/infocenter/vitamins.html

Also, labs are important to understand and you can find most of our labs discussed on www.labtestsonline.org

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

goodkel
on 9/25/11 9:36 am
Take the safest, smartest, easiest way and just follow Vitalady's list. When you get your first labs in three months, post the results here and we'll help you make adjustments as needed.

You'll begin to pick it up while you're doing it. Don't sweat it.
Check out my profile: http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/goodkel/
Or click on my name
DS SW 265 CW 120 5'7"

Julie R.
on 9/25/11 9:08 am - Ludington, MI
That's not enough Vitamin D for us - you'd need to take about 50 of them a day.  You can orderSuperior Source sublingual D in 10,000 iu from Vitalady or from Lexor Health.      As an example, I take 100,000 iu sublingual a day (that's 10 of the 10 k's) PLUS 50 k of Vitalady's Dry D....so 150,000 iu's a day of D.    
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

Twi light
on 9/25/11 9:25 am - NY
Yep yep, i was just getting these for the K2 only- they are$ 5.25 on auto delivery through amazon.. I am taking Biotech 50k -4 times a day. There is some extra D in my calcium and i think elsewhere but i dont count any of that or this- just couting the K2 alone.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 576 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 956 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 325 views