2 more days, then the DS

waterman691
on 10/28/11 3:30 pm - west monroe, LA
 will be having my DS surgery this coming monday, the 31, hope this does not turn out to be a trick.
prettypixels
on 10/28/11 6:35 pm
Congrats! I know the last few days before surgery are a bit nerve wracking... I was just there! You can do it and before you know it you'll be on the other side
waterman691
on 10/29/11 8:35 am - west monroe, LA
 Yea, nervous just doesnt seem like the right word, I know that I picked a really bad time to stop smoking MJ, lol
(deactivated member)
on 10/28/11 7:30 pm - San Jose, CA

OK, someone has to say it.

I've never heard of your surgeon being a DS surgeon, and I've been on this site for almost 9 years.  How many DSs has she done?  Who did she proctor with?  The DS is not a "I'm already a bariatric surgeon, I can follow the instructions in a book" sort of surgery - it requires doing numerous surgeries as an assistant with an experienced DS surgeon to acquire competence.

How long is your common channel going to be?  Your alimentary tract?  What size is she making your stomach?

I don't mean to upset or unnerve you, but we've seen some BAD outcomes from inexperienced surgeons.  This is said out of concern - the only other surgeon in Louisiana (Warden? I've forgotten his name) is NOT someone I would even consider using, so I hope she didn't train with him.

waterman691
on 10/29/11 8:38 am - west monroe, LA
 Thanks for your concern, she has done several, common channel will be 100cm, dont know about the alimentary tract, 3-4 oz.
prettypixels
on 10/29/11 8:41 am
 I didn't want to say anything because I'm not familiar with ALL the DS surgeons yet, and I didn't go look it up.  So I'm glad you did :) 
Banded in 2001 at 217 lbs - Band to DS revision 10/25/11 at 310 lbs
If life with your band sucks, you are not alone and it's not your fault.  Check out the failed lap band group!

Ms. Cal Culator
on 10/29/11 12:17 am - Tuvalu

You are having the DS surgery, done by a surgeon who thinks the RnY is the best procedure?   I hope she has changed her mind since that advertising blurb.  Good luck.

www.louisianamedicalnews.com/dr-uyen-b-chu-facs-cms-1528
waterman691
on 10/29/11 8:42 am - west monroe, LA
 She has for the long term effects.
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 677 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1005 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 338 views