Chocolate protein shake+microwave=Delicious Hot chocolate?

allraindrops
on 11/7/11 12:46 am, edited 11/7/11 12:54 am
I live overseas so I'm waiting with baited breate for VitaLady's samples to slowly come in a friend's suitcase but was wondering if nuking chocolate protein shakes works? I love me some hot chocolate...

This might be the densest question out there....I can't quite imagine nuking a SlimFast which is why I ask...

prettypixels
on 11/7/11 1:02 am, edited 11/7/11 1:02 am
Nope, protein doesn't work that way! Here is a video tutorial of how to do hot protein drinks. I have not tried it yet myself, but will!
http://media.photobucket.com/video/hot%20protein/brandilynnhealthjourney/proteincoffeeee.mp4?o=1
AllieInOntario
on 11/7/11 1:16 am
I mix Champion Vanilla with milk or Choc with milk, with Carnations Diet Hot Chocolate.  Boil the water, shake the protein ahead of mixing the two.  It's my fave way to get in protein.
Pick your surgery first, then your surgeon. Not the other way around.  
PS:... Potato chips should be a food group.

I'm tired of screwing with that damn health widget.
 I've lost 125 pounds to date!!!!
   And I'm UNDER 190 now!!! 

allraindrops
on 11/7/11 3:47 am
So the issue is then, that it gets clumpy if it gets nuked as in instead of being "tempered" first? Diet hot cocoa mixed with the other stuff sounds like a winner to me!
(deactivated member)
on 11/7/11 3:51 am - Saint Louis, MO
It pretty much bakes the protein until you get a disgusting congealed mess. 

Also, for the record never add protein powder to a hot liquid and then attempt to shake.  You will regret it.  If anything, you can stir the powder into the hot liquid sloooowly but for me it still ended up lumpy. 

For a hot protein coffee, I mix my powder with cold half and half first and then add the hot coffee.
Renfairewench
on 11/7/11 9:11 am
This is how I do it. I take some cold milk and mix the protein with it, usually in a blender bottle. Not much milk, just a couple of ounces. Then I heat up more milk (but not so hot as to boil, something above warm) either on the stove or in the microwave. I then stir and slowly add the hot milk to the cold milk.  I never get congeled  or lumpy protein. *knock wood*

I do the same thing with egg white protein too. I love me Jay Robb vanilla egg white protein mixed with coffee and cream. YUM!

HW (pre RNY) 430 HW (pre DS) 302 / SW 288 /
                          Lowest weight 157 / CW 161
GW 150
                "I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight"

mellysarah03
on 11/8/11 4:50 am - Fort Myers, FL
 see thats not what happened with me. I tried to make a coffee protein shake a long time ago and with the first shake it kinda, ummm exploded. Never tried protein hot or even warm again... 

I used to make excuses why I cant Now I make reasons why I CAN!!
155LBS GONE FOREVER!! LIVING LIFE... I LOVE MY DS

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 683 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1005 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 338 views