Question for all post op DSers

texasrigdiver
on 12/7/12 12:04 pm - TX
DS on 11/29/12

I am so new pre-op that if I didn't drink within 30 minutes of eating I wouldn't have anything to eat because everything I'm eating is liquid and I am drinking it. so I drink my food and drink my drinks, all at the same time...

"...the sun is the same in a relative way but were older, shorter of breath, and one day closer to death..." Pink Floyd 

LilySlim Weight charts

M1(22);                                        

2renee
on 12/7/12 12:19 pm - Ottawa, Canada
DS on 08/28/12

I didn't drink while eating for the first couple of weeks but after that it wasn't a problem for me to have a sip or two with my food.

shannn
on 12/7/12 8:08 pm - Knoxville , TN

Just try it slowly. I'm one of those people who just can't eat & drink together. Even at 2 1/2 years, I still throw up every time I try it. *shrug* 

~shannon
"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams." ~E. Roosevelt

(Ticker includes 11 pounds lost in pre-op diet.) 

southernlady5464
on 12/7/12 9:39 pm

The entire reason I GOT the DS was because I needed to be able to drink while eating...generally I just sip but not being able to was one of the RNY rules they tried to pass off on to me.

Liz

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

MsBatt
on 12/7/12 11:38 pm

I've always drank with meals. The first few weeks, I drank very little with meals, because it filled me up too fast. But now, I drink a glass of tea, sometimes a glass and a half, with every meal. And I drink something all day long---I probably take in better than a gallon a day.

Jaiart
on 12/8/12 2:24 am, edited 12/8/12 11:52 am - MI
I'm actually still not drinking much overall but more and more each day. I used to love drinking water prior to surgery but now that plain water is all my surgeon recommends it gets monotonous not having anything with flavor. I've snuck and tried some non sweetened stuff but I always feel guilty. I recently bought some Gatorade type zero carb zero calorie drinks at some store and they were enjoyable but the adminition of the doc to steer clear of all of that and stick with jus****er echoes in my mind and I wonder if I'm retarded lol, (retarding my weight loss efforts).

Kayla B.
on 12/8/12 1:03 am - Austin, TX

Yes.  I drink full glasses of water with meals at 5 years out.  There was no room really at first though.

5'9.5" | HW: 368 | SW: 353 | CW: 155 +/- 5 lbs | Angel to kkanne
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/beforefront-1-1.jpg?t=1247239033http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/th_CIMG39903mini.jpg  
puppysweets1
on 12/8/12 10:53 am - CA

Never avoided liquids when eating.  Can sometimes eat more sooner with more liquid intake.  Seems like it makes stomach contents more soupy and it passes out of my stomach faster.  Could be wrong about that.  No doubt someone with a nasty personality will point it out, if I am.

beemerbeeper
on 12/8/12 12:40 pm - AL

I drank with meals from day one.  There is no prohibition. 

~Becky

micheleladendorf
on 12/8/12 8:20 pm

my focus is food first and basically i really am not thirsty! i have never been a water drinker so for me it has never been an issue, since i am fighting malabsorbtion issues, i definately eat first....had my ds surgery in 2007.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 749 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1043 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 349 views