Help! Burning Pain, really bad if I sneeze

CSerwalt
on 2/11/13 2:58 am - Philadelphia, PA
DS on 11/28/12

Anyone ever experienced a burning pain in the stomach? I helped my boyfriend yesterday do some moving ...a refrirergator..helped pu**** a few inches.. I probably should not have, I know I should not have. But when you feel back to normal you sometimes forget you just had surgery (little over two months ago).

Either way I am in pain now. Especially when I sneeze :( its like a really bad burning sensation in my abdomen. I called my surgeons office, waiting on them to call me back. I don't want to take this like its nothing then it gets worse.. I hope to god I didn't really hurt myself internally! :(

I'm so scared, could I accidentally rip something or pull an internal stitch?

Jaiart
on 2/11/13 3:08 am - MI
Yeah you definitely want to get addressed by your surgeon, and stop with the moving stuff so early out. I know it's tempting but...In the end it isn't worth it if you do yourself some damage.

PattyL
on 2/11/13 3:11 am

You may have a hernia.  Just wait and see.  Perhaps it will give you a cheap tummy tuck down the road.

Valerie G.
on 2/11/13 3:38 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

You may have given yourself a hernia...which means yet another surgery.

You are just beyond the "No More than 8 lbs for 8 weeks" -- what on earth made you think you should be able to move a refrigerator, even if it was only a few inches -- A REFRIGERATOR!!

You need to treat yourself better than that.  I pulled a herna 1.5 years post op lifting a bag of soaking wet topsoil, much lighter than a refrigerator.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

clutterbunny
on 2/11/13 5:56 am - CA
Gonna have to go with the group and say hernia. I felt the exact same pain when I got mine.

doctor time!

thinlizzie12
on 2/11/13 5:57 am - KS
DS on 01/24/13

Keep us posted. Hope you feel better.

CSerwalt
on 2/11/13 8:45 am - Philadelphia, PA
DS on 11/28/12
Thank you everyone, I have an appointment on friday to see my doctor, till then I'm taking it super easy.

I scared though..surgery again... I just started back to work. ...if I havta how long do I have to be out of work? My manager and director are gonna kill me.
Herman
on 2/11/13 9:02 am

Yup, Hernia like every one said, that's exactly how mine felt. And I could feel it get bigger as time went by. Good idea to see the doctor.

Lap-band 2007
 DS 2009
Valerie G.
on 2/11/13 9:34 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Doc needs to determine how long you can go without it.  It depends if any organs are trying to poke out of the hole in the abdominal wall.  Some are able to wait until they lose all of their weight first, and roll in another $6k to do a tummy tuck at the same time.  Hernia repair alone - you're looking at 2 -3 weeks for recovery.  

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

MicheleNJ
on 2/11/13 10:58 am
DS on 04/01/13

Hope you are ok, just take it easy and let your BF wait on you hand and foot :). ((((())))))

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 309 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 774 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 258 views