pre op liquid diet day 2 - excited, nervous

PeteA
on 4/2/13 4:44 am - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

Hi All,

Not so bad on the liquid diet yet but it was worse at night. I hate TV commercials there should be a button to skip the food ads. My pre op appointments are scheduled along with the surgery. Now I am getting nervous since it is really going to happen. I started the process before but dropped out before I got to the point of scheduling the surgery. Now I am really going through with it.

Still trying to work out vites since the Doctor so far is not close to the VitaLady regimen. However he is clear on a "follow the labs" philosophy so I may start with a medium between his recommendations and the full VitaLady list. Vitamin A and D levels seem to be one of the biggest differences. 

Once I get a good take on the lab I'll be double checking to see if there are other tests I should be asking for. I have really learned a lot by reading the posts here. Thanks to all that help out. It really made me more comfortable with the whole procedure. I had never heard of DS before the Doctor suggested it but the information on OH and DSFacts helped a lot.

I wonder if there are any more Cleveland Clinic DS post ops that would comment on how the post op treatment worked, or didn't. They are very RnY oriented although seem to be taking steps to increase the general DS knowledge at the staff level. 

HW 552 CW 198 SW 464 4/15/13 - Lap DS by Dr. Philip Schauer - Cleveland Clinic.

Irishnurse
on 4/2/13 12:56 pm
DS on 04/17/13

Won't be long and you will be a DSer on your way down. =)

SW-340, CW-164, GW-150, 14 pounds to go...

PeteA
on 4/2/13 11:08 pm - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

Thanks. I'll be happy to see the other side of the operation.

HW 552 CW 198 SW 464 4/15/13 - Lap DS by Dr. Philip Schauer - Cleveland Clinic.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 726 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1029 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 345 views