what were you eating post op week 1,2, and 3

nevergonnalearn
on 4/2/13 8:19 am - phila, PA
DS on 03/26/13
What were you guys eating at those stages?
momii3
on 4/2/13 9:09 am - NE
Started with pudding in hospital. Then went to scrambled eggs sunny side up eggs cream of wheat and oatmeal with protein powder added. Cottage cheese yogurt and Greek yogurt. Fish chicken turkey meat loaf. Sugar free Carnation instant breakfast with skim milk and added protein. And chew chew chew everything. Eat slow. And keep sipping water tea crystal light anything to stay hydrated. Good luck. You can do it! It gets easier everyday.
allegedlylisa
on 4/2/13 9:45 am

Very small amounts of cottage cheese, a slice of thin lunch meat, scrambled egg, peanut butter with smooshed up banana, yogurt.

Lisa

Whit
on 4/2/13 10:00 am
Revision on 12/10/12

I was in the Hospital the first 3 weeks after surgery and did not eat solids until week 8. Then I had protein shakes, cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, and soup (broth).

Whit

Revision from RNY to DS 12/10/12 Dr. Ara Kesishian BMI: 19

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

janey227
on 4/2/13 10:01 am - VA
DS on 01/15/13

week 1 - starving in the hospital :) well, not really starving, I was on an IV & wasn't hungry, but nothing my mouth for 4 days. then water & protein shakes

week 2 - added greek yogurt and hard boiled eggs

week 3 - added soft cheese, tried some soft foods like cottage cheese, super-moist canned chicken, ricotta. Not everything sat well, but when I tried again a week or 2 later, some things sat in my tummy better. I was more than 2 months out before 1 bite of  cottage cheese didn't feel like a brick in my tummy.

bottom line - follow your surgeons advice & take it slow. And remember, what is today, may not be tomorrow. :)

mharroun
on 4/2/13 11:52 pm - Forest Hills, NY
DS on 11/06/12
Nothing... Full liquid diet for 3 weeks,
Then a week puree, then a week of soft food... After that as tolerated

BrightsideSusan
on 4/3/13 7:19 am - Pleasanton, CA

I had a terrible time with soft foods not feeling good in my stomach.  I ate soup  and  cream of wheat cereal for weeks.  Lipton's chicken noodle mostly, but I made soups with spinach and other soft veggies and tiny bits of chicken and protein enriched pasta in little pieces. 

I found pre-made protein drinks easier to manage than homemade but was very intolerant of sweet things.  Some days I could eat yogurt.

I am chiming in because I had a hard time for a couple of months and just kept trying different things to see what worked.  Not sure you are having the same problem?

BrightsideSusan
HW310 CW143 GW150

BPD-DS on October 24, 2012

fitnessfoodlife.blogspot.com

micheleladendorf
on 4/3/13 12:43 pm

i remember cottage cheese was my best friend and still is! scr eggs..jello and soups.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 357 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 815 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 271 views