TxKev how is the pre op diet going?

gwen41502
on 4/14/13 3:56 am
I remember mine for the band it was hardest the first few days...just thinking about you ......
TxKev
on 4/14/13 9:09 pm - Haslet, TX

Thanks for asking.  For the most part OK, but I was at a golf tournament yesterday and I did take my powder and milk for both meals I needed.  Somehow my dry powder got wet and could not make my dinner shake.  I decided to have a couple of pieces of brisket, it tasted GREAT but did not sit well in my stomach.  Will not do that again!!  The worse day was Saturday, I was not hungry but I felt I need to eat something, I had a couple of crackers and that solved the problem.  Hopefully yesterday does not set me back. 

julanie
on 4/15/13 5:39 am - Arlington, TX
DS on 09/17/12

to be clear . .  I'm not a doctor and would never contradict dr. kim or his staff on the pre-op stuff . . .but I've been there, and I found that only shakes all day made me sick to my stomach.  I did jello and some crackers.  Now, about 3 days before surgery I cut out all food that wasn't on the liquid diet and only had the shakes, jello, and broth.  I wanted to make sure my insides were clean before they cut.  But during the first part, the crackers got me through.  :-)  also, I would use beef broth instead of chicken and I added spices to the broth to change up the flavor.  I love a spice store in our area, called Penzy's.  They have a salt free spice called mural of flavor that's good in beef broth, and they sell dried shallots, which I used once too.  I'm addicted to those shallots, I add them to everything.

Good luck!

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 333 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 799 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 268 views