Life at the Beach??

TxTraveler
on 5/6/13 12:15 pm
I was sitting at the beach today reclining on a beach chair and seeing all the bodies of ever shape and size. I began to look a bit closer and wondering - have any of these folks had a DS or any WLS? Would I still be able to come to the beach? What about the extra skin? How would I hide that? Would I go from a swim suit to a mumu? The margaritas would be gone too? What do you drink all day at the beach? How is life at the beach after a DS??
PSaadallah
on 5/6/13 1:18 pm - Arlington, TX
DS on 12/15/12

Haven't been there yet, but I'll let you know!

jashley
on 5/6/13 3:58 pm
DS on 12/19/12

When I weighed 240, I didn't like going to the beach.  I didn't look good in any clothes I wore, and having that much skin show to get a tan is... well... just embarrassing. 

I remember I was laying in the sun at the beach last year.  And two young women from the UK walked by and I overheard one of them say "Americans have no shame.  OMG, look at the size of these women - all beached wales."  It really stuck with me.

Now, I go to the beach every week.  I take my dog, and we walk and play in the surf, climb the jetty.  I rarely did this before.  I won't be out there in a bikini, but I don't mind shorts and a tank top.

I don't drink myself, but know of others who do.  I just don't want to put any more strain on my body than I have to.

MsBatt
on 5/6/13 11:17 pm

I'm so NOT a sun-worshipper! (I enjoy the beach in the evening and at night.) However, I was on the beach during the day BEFORE my DS---and I was miserable! Post-DS has been a different story.

I'm not pretty in a bikini, FSM knows---I stick to shorts and tees. But nobody's taking my margaritas away!

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 951 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1158 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 413 views