struggling to eat

nativenewyorker64
on 5/20/13 10:48 am - UT
Having a hard time wanting to "eat" anything today. I got one shake down, had a couple of tablespoons of cream of wheat. I had a little egg drop soup. The thought of anything makes me feel ill. Any suggestions?

Irishnurse
on 5/20/13 2:04 pm
DS on 04/17/13

Make sure you are getting all your water in. Sometimes when we get dehydrated we lose our appetite and get nauseated. I I had to make myself drink drin drink my shakes and water. It sucked. lol. Eventually it got easier. Maybe broth? It counts as water. 

SW-340, CW-164, GW-150, 14 pounds to go...

nativenewyorker64
on 5/20/13 3:10 pm - UT
Today was just plain hard. Recovering from two surgeries and pmsing at the same time. I was a wreck. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Irishnurse
on 5/20/13 11:38 pm
DS on 04/17/13

Ugh...yeah, I bet it is rough. It really sucks that us women usually start our periods during or shortly after surgery. Misery upon misery ....bleh

SW-340, CW-164, GW-150, 14 pounds to go...

woodkd
on 5/21/13 6:25 am
DS on 06/19/13

I'm waiting for my ds surgery but when I had my band put in it was so difficult to get anything down.  Even drinking water hurt, it felt like it was stuck in my throat and would sit there before going down.  It does get better.  Just try and find any liquid you can tolerate and stick with that for now.  You will be able to slowly be able to add different "soft/puree" foods. 

Jcohen66
on 5/21/13 7:51 am - Katonah, NY
Try different temperatures. In the first few wks I found that sometimes tea or broth went down easier and other times ice cold water was better. Also try savory or salty food. I found all the sweet stuff was making me not want to eat.
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 594 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 967 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 327 views