Denton Regional Medical anyone?

TxTraveler
on 7/2/13 2:46 pm
Did anyone have the DS at Denton Regional Medical? The facility? The nursing staff? The business office? Private or shared room? Overall experience?

Thanks so much for any comments!
MajorMom
on 7/2/13 7:26 pm - VA

Who is the surgeon there? Just curious.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

mamadawny
on 7/2/13 11:03 pm - Oklahoma City, OK
Doctor Stewart
dmerimon
on 7/3/13 12:36 pm
Dr Stewart did my surgery at Denton reg. I had a good experience... Nurses were nice.
dmerimon
on 7/3/13 12:37 pm
Had private room.
A. C
on 7/6/13 1:05 am

Private Room, Hospital staff itself was nice.  Nurses were not great with me.  Was given the wrong food post op.  They did not give me protein as I found out I was supposed to start.  Day 2 they brought in eggs & bacon.  I asked my nurse, am I supposed to have this?  She said "Yes" Got really sick vomiting.  Nurses did not walk me at all in my 4 day stay.  The furthest I walked was to the bathroom.  Pulled out the drain without asking the Dr.  I asked her "Are you supposed to be doing that?"  She said "Yes".  When he came in, "I said, I thought I was going home with a drain"  He said "It's no big deal".  It was, got two hematomas - one the size of a grapefruit. 

If you are going to have it with Stewart, I would go to Forest Park Frisco if your insurance will pay for it.  It is spa-like. It was not yet open when I had mine.

I hope the best for you.  You have to learn how to be your own advocate after you have the surgery.  Depending on where you are at in the DFW area, PM me and I'll give you PCP/Internist, Cardiologist, GI Dr's & Hema's that know this surgery and will help with your follow ups.

PM me with any questions, Stewart did my surgery.

(deactivated member)
on 7/9/13 12:03 pm

This is very helpful information, A.C.  Thanks!  I am having surgery with Dr. Stewart soon as well.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 739 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1037 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 348 views