Anyone ever done a coconut oil detox?

AdeanaMarie
on 7/11/13 3:12 am - MI
VSG on 03/08/12

Anyone ever done a coconut oil detox?  Thinking about doing one, wondered if anyone else has done one or researched it.  I have Crohn's Disease, heart issues and candida issues.  Really trying to take control of my health naturally, if possible.  

“Not many of us are living at our best.  We linger in the lowlands because we are afraid to climb the mountains.  The steepness and ruggedness dismay us, and so we stay in the misty valleys and do not learn the mystery of the hills.  We do not know what we lose in our self indulgence.  What glory awaits us if only we had the courage for the mountain climb.  What blessing we should find if only we would move to the uplands of God.?  JRM

Irishnurse
on 7/11/13 3:20 am
DS on 04/17/13

Only coconut oil detox I have done is buying a bag of Popcorn from the movie theater and drowning it in their butter which is primarily coconut oil. Mmmmhmmm it tastes so good and it definitely cleans me out after LOL

SW-340, CW-164, GW-150, 14 pounds to go...

AdeanaMarie
on 7/11/13 3:29 am - MI
VSG on 03/08/12

If only the detox I am researching had popcorn involved.  YUM.  :O)  This one calls for organic coconut oil (raw), lemon water mixture and plain greek yogurt for 3-7 days.  Doing some more research, but really thinking about doing it to cleanse my body and digestive track.

“Not many of us are living at our best.  We linger in the lowlands because we are afraid to climb the mountains.  The steepness and ruggedness dismay us, and so we stay in the misty valleys and do not learn the mystery of the hills.  We do not know what we lose in our self indulgence.  What glory awaits us if only we had the courage for the mountain climb.  What blessing we should find if only we would move to the uplands of God.?  JRM

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 7/11/13 10:09 am

I'm not big on detoxs in general, and don't know too much about chrones, so maybe it's best to ask your doctor about that, but I do believe there are many benefits to coconut oil, and also the "milk". I suppose the watery "milk" is great for us too, but I use the thick, creamy white milk that is very fatty in things like my coffee as well as the oil to replace butter and to cook with.

Sort of like honey, they are now discovering some benefits in coconut oil that it has antimicrobial, antibacterial and antifungal and anti inflammatory properties, and the fat is in fact a healthy one.

The studies from the past that gave it a bad rap were all based on hydrogenated coconut oil, and ANY oil that has been hydrogenated is made bad. I don't see how some the he antimicrobial benefit of coconut oil would be bad for chrones, but again, your dr may have some ideas about it.

I would think any foods that have the above benefits, particularly the anti-inflammatory properties would be helpful dealing with a chrones flare up.

jzwife
on 7/11/13 2:12 pm
I am intrigued by a coconut oil detox. I know coconut oil has a lot of healing properties. Because it is a medium chain oil its also healthy for our intestinal tract. I use plain organic coconut oil on my face instead of a face cream, I use it on my arms and legs and because I am a breast cancer survivor I choose to make my own deodorant using coconut oil. As a deodorant it is phenominal- I never have issues and I know it doesn't have anything harmful in it. As a skin softer it works extremely well. I've also heard its great for fungus and yeast infections. I would love to hear more about your detox diet and where I could find the information!
Molly J.
on 8/3/13 7:53 pm - MD
Look into juicing. So healthy! There is a lot of info out there regarding how juicing can cure many health issues. Look up the nutritional properties of kale. I grow it my garden and juice it with other veges and fruit.
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 332 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 795 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 268 views