Question?

nativenewyorker64
on 8/26/13 9:52 am - UT
The past few days almost everytime I eat it hurts pretty bad. Sometimes I will regurgitate a little. What do you think it could be?

Amy, Daredevil
Extraordinaire

on 8/26/13 10:20 am, edited 8/26/13 10:20 am - Los Angeles, CA
DS on 08/06/13

Could it be that you are eating too much at one time? Maybe try eating your meals slower.

Sorry I don't have any more advice for this. Maybe some vets have experienced this before and can help out.

*DS with Dr. Ara Keshishian on 08/06/13* SW: 231 CW: 131 GW: 119 * Check out My YouTube Channel: AmysDSJourney *

jashley
on 8/26/13 10:29 am
DS on 12/19/12

How much are you eating at one time? 

Do you normally eat that much at a meal?

What types of food is this happening with?  Meat, carbs, sweets?

Did you have GERD before your surgery?

hollykim
on 8/26/13 10:30 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

could be eating too fast/too much but it could be a stricture also. you are only a few weeks out,right? i would call my surgeon. he should at least be aware.

Gl and keep us posted. if fluids stop going down,call him at once.

nativenewyorker64
on 8/26/13 10:50 am - UT
I'm 12 weeks out. I could be eating too fast, but after I eat I feel bloated. Tonight I was eating a small bowl of zuppa toscana. The only chunks are sausage and now it just hurts.sn't hurt when I drink. What's a stricture and what does it involve?

nativenewyorker64
on 8/26/13 10:51 am - UT
That should say that it doesn't hurt when I drink.

LadyLucky
on 8/26/13 12:26 pm - KS
Olive Garden? Oh how I've been wanting to try that since my DS! It was actually "heavy" when I was only sleeved (pre-DS) so I've waited to try it. I bet it's a little more heavy than other foods you've been eating. Even though it's soup, it can be heavy because you don't chew the food pieces like you would if it were a solid sitting in front of you. Eat it super slow, put your spoon down between bites, maybe just have the sausage in every other bite, and wait a sec for it to settle. And if it is Olive Garden (which I could be totally wrong), did you have even one bite of a breadstick? That's actually more of the reason I've been avoiding it - I can't resist a bite of their breadsticks.

Anywho, if liquids aren't getting stuck I bet it's just eating too fast. When you're too full the "pain" is more like an elephant sitting on your chest. Some days are "tiny tummy days" while you can eat a ton on other days.

Let us know if it gets better by slowing down.
nativenewyorker64
on 8/27/13 4:06 am - UT
No, not olive garden. It was homemade. I can give you the recipe if you'd like.

hollykim
on 8/27/13 1:04 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
Google it but basically a strictureis a narrowing ,often from scar tissue growing over the opening to the stomach. It is usually dilated under anesthesia and usually resolves with one or more treatments.

If liquids are going down ok ,it is probably to a stricture,and you are eating too fast or too much. Cut back on. Your portion sizes for anfewdays,eat more often smaller portions and see if that helps any. I would still let the surgeon know. It could be a stricture forming.
Gl

S Andrews
on 8/26/13 11:31 am - eatonville, WA

I am 51/2 months out and still have problems holding stuff down if I eat to much. I should be measuring out my food instead of just guessing. It makes my stomach hurt for about an hour or so if I over eat. I never drink with my meals because that will ensure that everything will come back up- its just hard to gauge how much this little stomach can hold! If I eat heavy proteins my stomach will hurt also. It takes quite a while before things start to settle down.

Sharon

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 351 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 805 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 270 views