all in one vitiman???

cuteazlez
on 9/29/13 7:04 am, edited 9/29/13 10:58 am - Fort Pierce, FL

Hi Ders

my name is lynn ds pre op and i am on my 6m sup diet two more month to go. i have a question   i was googleing supplments and this powder muti  came up. my question is is this a good regeiment for newly post op to follow link http://www.barilife.com/vitamin-and-mineral-supplements/mult i-vitamin-products/powder-vitamins-cherry-berry or   should i go st8 to vitalady regeiment

thank for your input

No one can go and start a new beginning but anyone can start today and make a new ending" *AhNusparkle*

Ds surgery Date: 2/5/2014

Hw. 379+ Sw. 370.6  Cw. 221.6 Gw. 200-190

MajorMom
on 9/29/13 7:14 am - VA

My surgeon had me on an all-in-one supplement at first and we jus****ched my labs get worse and worse.  I went to Vitalady's plan by 9 months post-op, with his approval, and had perfect labs at 1 year post-op. I'm definitely pro Vitalady.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

cuteazlez
on 9/29/13 7:28 am, edited 9/29/13 9:55 am - Fort Pierce, FL

Thank you for the reply MajorMom

airbender
on 9/29/13 7:39 am

ahh this is something we have all thought of once or twice....but the ds is not all the same...diff sleeve size, and especially diff cchannel, age, gender, health etc...there is no such thing, even if we were identical with our surgical we would process food differently, so we have to go with how we feel and our labwork.  vitalady is again just a suggestion, but you really need to watch your own levels and tweek..at the beginging it is a bit overwheliming but you will get it....

southernlady5464
on 9/29/13 8:57 am

Best bet...start with the full vitalady regimen and then once you start getting post op labs, start tweaking based on your labs.

Personally I would be in the tank with that esp in vitamin D. I have to take 50,000 every day and one day a week, I take 100,000. That would only give me 9,000 IU of D a day. I do not need extra A or E but had to take extra K. I don't need ANY extra B12 as mine tests over 2000 EVERY time. Others need a serious amount of B12.

For a multivitamin, save your money and go with the Costco/Kirkland equivalent to Centrum. The Kirkland is what vitalady includes in her pre-packaged. It works and it's easier to back off than to try and get them back up once in the toilet.

It would be so easy to take just one supplement that would address all your needs but it's not gonna happen. Nothing is made to do that. You are you and I am me...we process food differently.

And good luck.

Liz

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

cuteazlez
on 9/29/13 9:37 am, edited 9/29/13 9:53 am - Fort Pierce, FL

thank you for your reply i am sold on vita lady

cuteazlez
on 10/1/13 3:52 pm - Fort Pierce, FL
jashley
on 9/29/13 2:39 pm
DS on 12/19/12

I started out with the Vitalady pre-packaged vits because it was a bit overwhelming to me, trying to learn all the different vits and how it all works.  And I had other things to worry about, so the pre-packaged vits were easy to deal with. 

At 3 months out, I was feeling much better and able to tweak my vits from my labs.  I definitely shop around for the best quality of vits I can buy, for the best prices.  I second buying stuff at Costco.  Love the Kirkland Multi, vit C, and calcium.  I've even bought some of the Premiere protein drinks in cases.

cuteazlez
on 10/1/13 3:58 pm - Fort Pierce, FL

thank you jasley i do agree everything is a bit overwhelming for me too i just want to work my tool and be healthy for the long run

Valerie G.
on 10/6/13 9:35 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

My labs tanked, too, with an all-in-one that had a printed specific dosage (12 pills) for DS patients.  My surgeon pushed them on me and I watched my dry vit levels plummet. 

I can say that Vitalady's regimen has had nobody tank that I know of.  It may be more than you need, but it gets you off to a great start. 

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 669 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1000 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 337 views