1/2 and 1/2-anyone had half rny and ds?

Linda K.
on 10/9/13 11:42 am - Omaha, NE

I am looking at a revision of my VBG.  In speaking with Dr. Anthoine, he is suggesting that the stomach area will be shaped like an RNY stomach but the small intestine and the rest of the surgery would be followed as a DS surgery.  Anyone had that?  Does it work?  Thanks

MsBatt
on 10/9/13 11:50 am

Ask him for pictures. This doesn't sound anatomically possible, as the RNY has a pouch with a stoma, but the DS retains the pylorus.

I know a lady who had a VBG and they didn't do anything to her stomach, just did the intestinal arrangement. She's done very well indeed, AND she still has her pylorus.

(deactivated member)
on 10/9/13 11:55 am

Sounds like an ERNY or Distal RNY to me.  Did he give you a diagram of what your gut would be configured like?  I personally I would stay away from the ERNY/distal RNY.

SH

larra
on 10/9/13 12:18 pm - bay area, CA

VBG revisions can be very difficult, esp if mesh was used in the original surgery. Even so, and with the utmost respect for Dr. Anthone, I would suggest you get a second opinion with one of the surgeons who does a lot of revisions to determine whether or not the stomach could be revised to a DS sleeve, and whether or not this would be higher risk than what Dr. Anthone has planned. It would then be up to you to decide how much risk you are willing to take.

You can contact either Dr. Rabkin or Dr. keshishian via email and see what they say. You have nothing to lose by asking.

Larra

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 707 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1018 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 341 views