Energy Level

Sunshine16
on 6/4/14 9:28 pm

Hey guys,

I was just curious how are you guys energy levels, especially the DSers out 3 years and more.  This will be my 4th year come June 30th, and yes I do get up early in the morning, plus I just hit the big 4, O.  But for some reason, I feel my stamina is low.  I get up at 4:30 in the morning and by 7:30 and am dozing off.

I wish I could stay up from 4:30 to 10:30 easily, but its a challenge.

Older DSers, please share if you have had a change in stamina?

Thank you,

Sunshine

SW / CW / GW 292 / 188 / 174 - Height 5'7, Size 10

Valerie G.
on 6/4/14 9:36 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

That's definitely not me.  I'm more like the energizer bunny.  I get up at 6am without an alarm and am up until 11pm, usually, and active on all kinds of things in-between.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Sunshine16
on 6/4/14 9:59 pm

Thank you for sharing.  My iron levels has always been low, and when I eat high carbs I am comatose.  It just does not take much, another reason my hesitation for having a child...Lets say the Major reason.  My Total Protein,Serum levels are a 7.4....I'm assuming this is where you check your protein levels...so I am not sure what is going on.   

Valerie G.
on 6/5/14 8:38 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

SOO much can be contributing on the nutritional perspective... Iron, Protein, B, D, hydration...best practice is to take care of you, and you definitely want to get that mastered before you invite another life to drain the nutrition out of your body during a pregnancy.

Valerie
DS 2005

Sunshine16
on 6/5/14 8:34 pm

Thank you!  I agree, this is certainly the time to work on me, and to figure out what is best for me.  How does Hydration pay a role in being extremely fatigue?  According to my doctor, I am silightly anemic, however, it runs in my family and I been like that all my life.  I was thinking about doing the B-12 shots every two weeks on my own, but I need to find out my levels.  Next week, I'm going to try to convince my primary care doctor to order my abc levels because my insurance does not cover a weight loss doctor. 

Valerie G.
on 6/5/14 11:37 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

Oh, you won't need a weight loss doc anymore.  I had all of my annual bloodwork done during my annual physicals with my PCP and got it all covered without question.  Hydration plays a huge role with fatigue, as well, so be sure you're getting your 64oz in at a minimum.  Within a year or so post op, I was getting that much before lunch.

Valerie
DS 2005

Sunshine16
on 6/6/14 12:21 am

Its hard to drink that much water, but thanks I will drink at least drink 64oz of water.  I notice it does help with the acne.  I should definitely drink water especially if I am drinking coffee every day.

Curious does milk creamers, dairy products, potato chips and soda give you a side effect? 

Valerie G.
on 6/6/14 12:39 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Everything wet counts - but for caffeinated items like coffee (or for me, diet coke), I only give half-credit.  

It doesn't have to be plain water.  Try different flavors and temperatures.

Valerie
DS 2005

clutterbunny
on 6/5/14 6:12 am - CA

I just went to the doctor for this today.  She cut back the dosage on my anti-depressant (which is actually an anti-anxiety drug), is running extra tests on various iron things, and is testing me for epstein-barr virus.  

Sunshine16
on 6/5/14 6:56 am, edited 6/5/14 8:28 pm

I know I had a cold sore before, like  90% of americans. What are your sleeping habit. Interesting how my doctor gave me a prescription for an antidepressant. I was thinking perhaps it's hormonal.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 310 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 775 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 258 views