??? to ask DS surgeon prior to procedure

map189
on 6/10/14 10:37 pm

Hey all,  I have my first face to face with Dr. Greenbaum of NJ on Friday, June 13th (I hate that it's this day and hope it's not an omen) and want to get any suggestions as to what I should ask him regarding the procedure.  I am a self pay and a lightweight.  I just want to have all my T's crossed - though I should have posted this sooner and if I knew how am sure it's somewhere in previous questions asked.  Scheduled for 6/30 for now.

PeteA
on 6/11/14 4:26 am - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

Certainly ask about how he sizes your stomach and how he will determine your common channel length.

Explore any issues you have about post-op care - length of hospital stay, post op testing (IE they look for leaks from
the VSG).

Also, ask if there is anything different he does based on your being a light weight.

I'm not sure what else. I've seen his name before and my impression is that people are happy with him.

Nancy T.
on 6/19/14 12:07 am
DS on 07/16/13

I suggest you read through posts on this site, and also go to www.dsfacts.com and read about the procedure, before and after.  By doing that, I came up with all kinds of questions.  I admit it scared me a little bit at first, yet I was totally on board and ready for surgery. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 368 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 822 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 271 views