Long term DS patient. multiple health problems need support

(deactivated member)
on 8/23/14 9:50 am

Has anyone. Gotten severe neuropathy after years s from a DS no dr knows what is wrong help I take my vitamins best I can but sometimes I don't know if I'm toxic  help anyone need support no dr no line u triton is t disabled hard to survive please share 

larra
on 8/23/14 10:16 am - bay area, CA

You wrote about the same problem back in April. Have you sought help since then? Any doc can order labs for you to check your vitamin, protein, and mineral levels. It doesn't have to be a DS surgeon. And almost any bariatric surgeon would know about the DS even if he or she doesn't perform it.

It's unlikely that you have any toxic levels (though possible) and more likely that a deficiency is the cause of your problem, IF it's a nutritional problem at all - which no one can determine, or help you with, over the Internet. You need to see a doctor, get examined, get appropriate testing done. The only help we can offer you is to strongly encourage you to get the medical care that you need. I realize that, with Medicaid, that's easier said than done, but that doesn't change the fact that this is what you need to do. If you have a pcp that would at least be a good starting place.

Larra

Valerie G.
on 8/24/14 12:32 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Sad - they already packed up and left.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

larra
on 8/24/14 2:04 am - bay area, CA

Val, she was gone already last evening. My guess is she'll be back again in a few months with the same problem and having still not sought medical care. It's very sad, but we can't help her, except to encourage her to get the medical care she needs.

Larra

PeteA
on 8/24/14 5:29 am - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

Larra and Val,

Do you really think this is a legit person and not some kind of bizarre internet disturbed person? I think this is the 3rd time I've seen
something phrased like this and I'm just starting to get a funny feeling about it. If I'm wrong I hope they do find some support.

Pete

larra
on 8/24/14 5:51 am - bay area, CA

Pete, that is certainly a possibility. Either way, our encouraging someone who claims to have a DS and claims to be doing poorly to get medical care is the right advice. If it's a troll, or someone with some kind of mental illness, no harm done. If she's really someone with the problems she says she has, we've done all we can to help.

Larra

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 326 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 783 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 261 views