UTI'S ALMOST WEEKLY... PLEASE HELP

lovelybones11
on 8/27/14 5:33 am

I am not sure what the issue is but since having the DS 7 mos ago, I have had UTI's over and over and I am not sure why. I also ended up with Ecoli in my area. Has anyone else had this issue. If so please let me know how to fix the issue. Thanks

PattyL
on 8/27/14 5:56 am

DS poop is a different animal.  Sounds to me like poop is getting into places it shouldn't.  Have you tried the wet wipes or maybe a bidet?

Another thing that could help a bit are the cranberry pills/capsules?

hollykim
on 8/27/14 6:00 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

are you drinking any soda products,even sugar free? 

lovelybones11
on 8/27/14 7:14 am, edited 8/27/14 7:34 am

PatyL.... I am using the wet wipes now and after (embarassing) 38 years, I have just learned the importance of wiping front to back... It had just never been an issue before... Also, I will try the cranberry pills. Thanks

lovelybones11
on 8/27/14 7:17 am

HollyKim, Honestly yes, I drink soda, but not much of it. It is seeming that any type of beverage other than water is a definite out.... I just hoped I could get a way with a soda here or there. But do you really think the beverages are causing this repetition? Its getting to the point that I am embarrased to speak with my doctor.

hollykim
on 8/27/14 10:41 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

yes soda,even the occasional one will cause utis. I would go cold turkey with them and see.

lovelybones11
on 8/27/14 12:11 pm

Thanks all for your responses. I hope with the changes, I will get better. 

lovelybones11
on 8/27/14 7:33 am
Sunshine16
on 8/27/14 9:09 pm

Lol, don't be embarassed, you never had the issued before the surgery. This is a forevr learning process.  Its all in your diet.  When I have straight soda, I expect slimmy stool.  TMI - but it can get messy sometimes.  That is why I keep wipes in my bathroom, and the nice smelling wipes in my purse.  They are by playtex and they smell good, however not flushable.

SW / CW / GW 292 / 188 / 174 - Height 5'7, Size 10

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 299 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 771 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 256 views