surgery for DupDenal Switch scheduled for April 2015 and I am terrified

brandao_henderson
on 12/10/14 2:32 am - Brick, NJ

Has anyone had this procedure or researched it?  Can you please add me ???

Valerie G.
on 12/10/14 2:59 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

I'm hoping this is just your smart phone talking with typos.

You've got a captive audience for Duodenal Switchers.  Check out dsfacts.com for some good information about the procedure.

I've not heard of the DupDenal Switch. 

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

brandao_henderson
on 12/10/14 3:10 am - Brick, NJ

Yes, sorry.. It was supposed to be Duo-Denal .. 

Star0210
on 12/10/14 8:24 am
DS on 11/28/14

Pretty much everybody on this board has had the DS. I just had a revision from VSG to DS not quite two weeks ago.

what exactly are you terrified about?

Karen M.
on 12/10/14 12:28 pm - Rockwall, TX
DS on 12/01/14

I had a revision from the sleeve to the DS on December 1st. I'm curious as to how you're doing? 

HW:  268             SW:  268              CW:  230.02             5'5"                   48 yrs old              

Star0210
on 12/10/14 10:09 pm
DS on 11/28/14

Hi there...I'm doing fine. 

The first two days were pretty rough with that stupid drain, but after that came out I started feeling much better.

had surgery on Friday, flew home the following Wednesday. Had out of town guests arrive on Thursday. I cooked them a nice dinner that evening. Friday we took them to a big craft fair and I walked around there for about 3 hours with no problems. Saturday night was my company Christmas party...that was a lot of fun but I was sore from bending and standing so much from playing Santa and giving out gifts. Back to work on Monday. I do get a bit tired in the evenings.

hubby and I both caught bad colds the last day in Mexico. So I felt worse from that than from surgery. Still fighting it. 

I'm drinking water with crystal light, protein shakes, eating Greek yogurt and I made some sugar free vanilla pudding with half HWC and half unsweetened coconut milk for a treat...so yummy, it tastes like cake batter. Have had some creamy soup a couple of times but I really don't like canned soups. 

From the 5 day pre-op liquid diet to now...I've lost 14 lbs. for a revision I don't think that's too bad. My body does NOT like to give up anything...it holds on to every ounce as long as it can!

how are you doing? You're just 3 days after me.

brandao_henderson
on 12/10/14 10:22 pm - Brick, NJ

I am worried that I am going to have too many complications. 

I wanted the sleeve but the Dr suggested this surgery instead.

Star0210
on 12/10/14 10:30 pm
DS on 11/28/14

What's your BMI? How much weight do you need to lose? Who is your surgeon?

do you mean surgical complications or life after DS complications?

brandao_henderson
on 12/10/14 10:46 pm - Brick, NJ

Yes...  I have never heard of this surgery until last Saturday when I visited their office for the first time.

I have been reading up on it here and through the internet since and it seems like a very intrusive procedure.

I am extremely overweight though so I probably will need it.  I just want some friends to give me advice or just tell me how their surgeries went, etc.

Valerie G.
on 12/11/14 4:10 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

You're in the right place, then, and I applaud your surgeon for recommending it.  Any WLS is intrusive, really.  The DS is more complicated (for the surgeon), but at the hands of a well-skilled surgeon, it's no worse to the patient than the gastric bypass. 

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 314 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 778 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 259 views