Tramadol

Debbie P.
on 1/5/15 5:01 am - Kettering, OH

My dentist prescribed me Tramadol for pain for a tooth since I can't get in to see him for a few weeks.  I looked it up and it is an extended release type of pain med and with our surgery, we can't really do extended release, can we? 

I'm nearly 9 years out from surgery and in tons of pain.  Any input will be helpful.

MsBatt
on 1/5/15 6:00 am

Tramadol doesn't do squat for me. Have you tried OTC NSAIDs, like Aleve? For my arthritis pain, Aleve works MUCH better than Tramadol. (For dental pain, insist on some sort of hydrocodone.)

Shawnern
on 1/5/15 9:33 am - Rochester, MN

It depends on the dose, I take 100 mg with Tylenol and it works well for me.

trumanorme
on 1/5/15 11:37 am - KS

I take 100mg along with one Tylenol to get rid of my migraines. Works for me.

larra
on 1/5/15 2:02 pm - bay area, CA

It should work some, the question is how well, given that you probably won't absorb as much as someone with normal anatomy. You could give it a try if you already have the pills and see if it's adequate for you. If not, try NSAIDs or ask your dentist for something else that isn't extended release.

Larra

Sunshine16
on 1/5/15 7:35 pm

Tylenol is safe and awesome!!!

SW / CW / GW 292 / 188 / 174 - Height 5'7, Size 10

Lyss Remaly
on 1/7/15 2:08 am - Wheeling, IL

I have such a high tolerance for any of that stuff.  When I had my rectal fissures I had to take TWO 10 mg tabs of Norco just to not be screaming in pain.  Some people just have a different tolerance than others.  If it doesn't help, tell your doctor.  They should be able to help!  

My doctor was ready to prescribe medical marijuana to help with the pain it was that bad.  

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 299 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 771 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 255 views