Looking for DS Surgeon in Oregon - Near Portland? or Washington - Near Vancouver?

Mommydoo
on 4/5/15 1:34 pm - OR

Looking for DS surgeon:

I found one listed at OHSU that doesn't actually do them.  I did find a listing for Federal Way, Washington but that is at least 4 hours, if not more from here (the best option though, not ruling it out).  Anyone others in the Portland, Oregon or Oregon area at all?  Or Washington?

I already have the sleeve.

Thank you,

Kimberly

Ladytazz
on 4/5/15 4:43 pm

The closest DS surgeon I know of is Dr. Myur Srikanth in Federal Way.  No other surgeons in Oregon do the DS and the only other surgeon I know of in Washington is a military surgeon.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

MajorMom
on 4/5/15 7:48 pm - VA

The one LadyTazz suggested is the only civilian one I've heard of. No idea if MTF still has surgeons that do the DS. 

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Pianolover
on 4/6/15 1:04 am

Sadly, it looks like there aren't any in Oregon. The closest ones would be Dr. Srikanth or Dr. Houseworth in Federal Way. I just had the SA-DS with Dr. Srikanth a month ago, but I live very close to his office so distance isn't a problem for me. Good luck...message me if you have questions.

HW: 291 --- SW (3/10/15): 264 --- CW (12/31/15) 153

Mommydoo
on 4/7/15 1:34 am - OR

I would love to know about your experience.  How long was your recovery? I have two preschoolers so just wondering how long I will need to have help.  I meet with him on Monday for a consult but don't know if my insurance will cover this revision.  Was it a revision for you? 

larra
on 4/6/15 3:25 am - bay area, CA

None in Oregon.

You already have the names for Washington. Another option, depending on where you are and what direction is easiest for you, would be Dr. John Rabkin of Pacific Laparoscopy in San Francisco.

Larra

K P.
on 4/6/15 3:10 pm, edited 4/7/15 10:57 am
DS on 07/08/14

I had mine done by Dr Houseworth- he and his staff are amazing. But the drive is long. Its worth it for a good surgeon though. I live close and have always used Franciscan Dr's. And, my mother in law used the other Dr in WA and based on her experience I wouldn't go near him. But thats just me. 

HW 284; SW 270; CW 152; Revised GW 140-160  

Isha F.
on 4/9/15 1:25 am

Hi Kimberly,

i had mine done at OHSU, so you may want to check and see if any of the surgeons there are doing it.  I've been off the boards forever so I really don't know anymore, but I'm a fellow Oregonian, Go Blazers, Go Ducks, Go Kim!

Isha - I lost 235 pounds EATING NORMAL!  Saavy? Click on my name to find out why I chose the Duodenal Switch Surgery instead. 

isha.jpg picture by leaannjohnson
 Captain Hook: [to Wendy] Didst thou ever want to be a pirate? 

Misty M.
on 4/9/15 1:21 pm - Renton, WA

I am having my procedure with Dr. Srikanth in Federal Way, Wa. He is VERY thorough, so expect a lot of tests and various appointments. I really like him, and find his office to be super pleasant as well. Dr. Houseworth and Dr. Anwar are in the same building. Why not have appointments with both sets  on the same day and save money to see if you like them? They are all three well known bariatric surgeons. 

Misty        

mljohns
on 4/9/15 1:47 pm
DS on 01/27/15

Regarding the surgeon in Federal Way...dr. Srikanth. He was my surgeon for SADI-DsS. He did the DS on one of my co-workers. He is an excellent surgeon. Well worth the drive.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 334 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 799 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 268 views