Painful poops 10 years post op!

phdiva
on 2/13/17 5:46 am

Help!  10 years after BPDDS and it hurts terribly everytime I poop!  Also, there is blood in most of my stools.  I also experience chronic anal fissures!  This is unbearable!!!  Wondering if anyone else is or has experienced this?  What could be going on?  I have a Colonoscopy scheduled for next week and I am super nervous:( 

Valerie G.
on 2/13/17 7:43 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

It's the fissures most likely causing the pain.  My mother was ready to take her life rather than deal with the pain any longer, so I understand how bad it must feel.  Getting the fissures surgically repaired changed everything.  She hasn't had a problem since, but just to make sure, she still takes a stool softener and extra fiber daily.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

hollykim
on 2/13/17 7:54 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On February 13, 2017 at 1:46 PM Pacific Time, phdiva wrote:

Help!  10 years after BPDDS and it hurts terribly everytime I poop!  Also, there is blood in most of my stools.  I also experience chronic anal fissures!  This is unbearable!!!  Wondering if anyone else is or has experienced this?  What could be going on?  I have a Colonoscopy scheduled for next week and I am super nervous:( 

are you also having hard stools? I agree that getting a bowel program that works for you going ASAP is crucial. 

Aftet the gastroenterologist, I would recommend seeing a colo recital surgeon

larra
on 2/13/17 8:49 am - bay area, CA

Sure sounds like a fissure. There is surgery that can help you. Ask to be referred to a colorectal surgeon, or to a general surgeon who deals with this type of problem. This happens to lots of people, not just to people who have had bariatric surgery, and treatment is available.

Larra

Beam me up Scottie
on 2/13/17 7:45 pm
Get to a Colorectal Surgeon. These issues do not usually just automatically get better. I've had those "it feels like I'm pooping glass moments"...and quick relief is usually the best option !

Sitz or really warm baths after a BM, muscle relaxers, pain killers, lidocaine gel or all of the above have helped me in the past.

You really do want to start taking stool softeners, and making sure your BMs do not get too hard.

Scott
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 326 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 785 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 262 views