10 Years + Post-Op BPD-DS changes...looking for insight on how this 10 Year Hump has...

Beam me up Scottie
on 3/26/17 5:58 pm
I found that Z packs do nothing for me post op, I know many others do not have issues with it, but it worked for me pre-op and it does not work for me post op. I think I just malabsorb too much of it. I have to take amoxicillin for 7 to 10 days . It is a small price to pay, but you may want to think about that the next time you are prescribed a round of antibiotics.
valerina9
on 4/3/17 12:10 pm

Thanks for your note Beam me Up - unfortunately I cannot take amox - I am allergic to penicillin so that's the only think I take. I will never take cipro or levaquin again - their long term affects are horrific on the body and biaxin does bupkis for me! But thank you for reaching out!

BTW - my brother's BDP DS was done by Mitch Roslin too - in 2004...small world!

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/27/17 5:43 am

Research SIBO, candida and FODMAP diet. SCD diet.

Sometimes antibiotics can kill good bacteria and allow the nasty ones or candida to take hold in our intestine.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Nura777
on 4/1/17 10:34 am

Glad, you got great responses! We had the same surgeon are you still in touch with him?

valerina9
on 4/3/17 12:03 pm

Hi Nura - I am not still in touch with Dr. Michel. I know he moved to FL and now I believe he's back in NYC but no longer affiliated with Weill Cornell NY Presbyterian. I do still see however the other doctors who worked with him and assisted him on my surgery - Dr. Pomp I see annually - he's awesome and still at NY Pres. I attended their support group for about a year or so. It was really great - really good people there. Thanks for reaching out.

mylittleblackdress
on 4/6/17 10:16 am - FL

I am almost 7 years out and have become very gluten intolerant in the last year or two--I cannot even eat brown rice without serious gas and bloating, etc. I can manage potatoes without a problem but that's about it. I take a daily probiotic but find that I had to start eliminating things from my diet little by little to find what was causing the problems. You may find your body is going through similar changes. Still, I'd do the surgery again in a heartbeat!! BTW my weight is great, probably very much due to being gluten-free.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 383 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 840 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 272 views