Can I absorb properly this with DS...

gary3917
on 9/25/17 1:34 pm - Duson, LA
DS on 06/05/13

hi

Was wondering if we DS'ers would absorb this or should we double up on it .Said to be extremley healthy .

Thanx

gary3917
on 9/25/17 1:38 pm - Duson, LA
DS on 06/05/13

sorry...here is the link

https://www.facebook.com/898433326877442/videos/1410184722368964/

PattyL
on 9/25/17 4:06 pm

If you have the DS, you don't need this. But it won't hurt you either.

You already have low cholesterol because you don't absorb fats.

gary3917
on 9/25/17 5:02 pm - Duson, LA
DS on 06/05/13

I do have a problem with my arteries closing and I'm on blood thinners to help with blood flow. I really would like to know if we would absorb it. I wish I did not have to do this as it is nasty tasting but I will do anything to help me regardless of taste if it will help me get off blood thinners . (I need plavix for 2 splints in my legs )

Janet P.
on 9/26/17 5:53 am

I would assume yes you would absorb since it is all natural and not fat soluble. I would, however, confirm this with your doctor (either your DS doc or your doc who is prescribing your blood thinners).

Janet in Leesburg
DS 2/25/03
Hazem Elariny

Donna L.
on 9/26/17 12:08 pm - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

The coatings on medicine sometimes determine if they are broken down in an acidic environment (the stomach) or an alkaline one, such as the intestines, and where they have the highest absorption. Pharmacists are trained to know these things, and might be better able to help. The prescriber notes for medication (they are usually on the manufacturer websites) also typically discuss this, but they are a bit dense and difficult to read.

Many psych drugs need to be dose increased with malabsorption, but unfortunately I know nothing about blood thinners. I'd definitely ask the pharmacist.

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

Valerie G.
on 9/26/17 5:54 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Rate of absorption with meds depends on the med and the person. Some meds absorb through the stomach while others in the intestine. A doc could tell best, but many don't have issue with meds, while those who do just increase their dosage.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 299 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 771 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 256 views