Lisa Presley's Death Determined to Be Due to Delayed Obstruction from D.S. Surgery

Batwingsman
on 7/15/23 11:34 pm, edited 7/16/23 4:13 am - Garland, TX

OMG .. Now something for all of us who have had the surgery to be concerned over .. I wonder how long ago her D.S. was performed? However, looking at past news articles, about 10 years ago she was beaming over her weight loss success, telling media that same was supposedly due to diet and exercise changes on her part.

https://www.aol.com/news/lisa-marie-presley-death-brings-230 948759.html

Frank talk about the DS / "All I ever wanted to be was thin, like that Rolling Stones dude ... "

HW/461 LW/251 GW/189 CW/274 (yep, a DS semi-failure - it happens :-( )

Batwingsman
on 7/16/23 4:11 am - Garland, TX

Here's more info on small bowel obstruction, so that post-ops may know what to be on the watch for. Strangely enough, the article says that Presley had been complaining of the painful and distressing symptoms of the obstruction for months before she passed. No idea why she didn't contact her bariatric surgeon in regard to the matter all that time. By the time of her death, she had about 30 feet of blood-starved bowel as a result of the obstruction, the autopsy reports.

https://www.today.com/health/news/lisa-marie-presley-death-b ariatric-surgery-rcna94299

Frank talk about the DS / "All I ever wanted to be was thin, like that Rolling Stones dude ... "

HW/461 LW/251 GW/189 CW/274 (yep, a DS semi-failure - it happens :-( )

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 7/16/23 9:16 pm
WLS on 07/15/22

Well. I've learned the hard way this past six months that doctors don't always listen. I had emergency surgery for a bowel obstruction in early May and had been reporting symptoms since March to any and everyone who would listen. I got punted several times over that time between my WLS clinic and the GI clinic and my PCP.

Even after clearing the obstruction, I still have all the same symptoms. You can bet I'm being vocal about it but my next follow up is in over a month. I'm trying to get it moved up. All of that to say, she may have been reporting it and not being heard.

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

PattyL
on 7/23/23 12:10 pm

I read she had a SADI but who knows. Truth be told anyone can get an obstruction and ANY abdominal surgery adds to your risk.

catwoman7
on 7/16/23 5:38 am, edited 7/15/23 10:38 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

yep - like Batwingsman said, she supposedly had abdominal pain for MONTHS and never went to see a doctor about it. Bowel obstruction is a potential complication, although it's pretty rare - but for God's sake, if you have abdominal pain for months on end, you really should see a doctor about it. Sheesh!! She'd very likely still be alive if she had.

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/21/23 12:44 pm

We will never knwo what she did or didn't do. Often with pain, any type of pain - the docs prescribe pain meds, muscle relaxants,. etc. That in itsefl can mask a serious pain and cramps. From simple obstruiction to drasit one - there can be a relative short time - a few days when the bowels die and become septic. Unfortuantaly even when a person goes and comaplins but still have some BM, the symptoms can be dismissed - ignored.

To add: becasue of the abdominal surgery - some nerves never completely regenerate and a person may not even realise how critical their condition is.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

EssaMattou
on 4/19/24 4:12 pm
On July 16, 2023 at 6:34 AM Pacific Time, Batwingsman wrote:

OMG .. Now something for all of us who have had the surgery to be concerned over .. I wonder how long ago her D.S. was performed? However, looking at past news articles, about 10 years ago she was beaming over her weight loss success, telling media that same was supposedly due to diet and exercise changes on her part.

https://www.aol.com/news/lisa-marie-presley-death-brings-230 948759.html

That's what beauty brings when we don't know how to control our own desires for whatever we want.Head Soccer

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 365 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 820 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 271 views