In search of WLS friendly PCP in Pinellas or Pasco county

Mamazota
on 5/23/11 6:42 am - Tampa, FL
 Hi im new to OH, im excited to start my journey to weight loss surgery. Does anyone knwo a PCP that is WLS friendly in the North Pinellas, Pasco area?
Grider
on 5/24/11 9:40 am - Clearwater, FL
Hi I am in Pinellas, and I do not know if my Dr will buy it yet, as I am just starting, but as far as the surgeon, I found one with out a " admin fee" in Tampa
Mamazota
on 5/24/11 9:46 am - Tampa, FL
 Hi! is it the one in Tampa General Hospital? 
Grider
on 5/24/11 9:49 am - Clearwater, FL
Dr. Aguila, my ins cover all but co-pays and they dont charge "fees" I do see they seel the vitamin drink for $100 like the two weeks prior but so do the rest/
garnet408
on 5/26/11 10:11 am - Tampa , FL
Great gastric doctor in tampa.. Dr Murr. at TGH   .   I just love him....
my pcp is in Tampa on Armenia... Dr   Lisa  Koche and her nurse practioner Amanda Camp..
both are excellent  and very wls friendly... no problems with documentation to get weight loss covered through insurance on the first go around,,my insurance required weight loss documentation of 6 months 
had mine 12-09
starting to go for my plastics ...   i continued with them... TT schedule in august  .( insurance will pay).

Anna

Easygo847
on 5/27/11 5:20 am
I am going thru the process right now...........have got all my testing finished and waiting for my phone call. Have talked to Susan E. Orellana and Dr. Lisa Koche........have attended 2 meetings. Still have to see Dr. Murr and then I think I will be ready to go........getting more gittery as time goes by.  I live in Bradenton.........TBG is over a hour drive.........but glad to have found them.
Grider
on 5/27/11 8:06 am - Clearwater, FL
good luck, I am just starting,  I am worried bout my GP, saying it's a "medical necessity", for the surgery,  I may have to see another GP, I used to go to Dr braun in carrolwood until I moved,  I think they be more apt to go for it, maybe I'll call them and ask.
but one day at a time.
Mamazota
on 5/29/11 4:21 am - Tampa, FL
 Im so happy for you! keep me posted please!
roseselene
on 5/28/11 1:21 pm
My PCP is in central pinellas, don't know if that is too far for you.  His name is Dr. Okeson.  I love him. He is so nice and totally on board with WLS and was happy to fill out the forms that my surgeon sent him.
Amy
CW: 255 SW: 234 

Mamazota
on 5/29/11 4:16 am - Tampa, FL
 Thanks for the info, I want to be able to make my weight loss jouney as smooth as possible and my doctor doesnt believe in weight loss surgery even after i explained Ive tried everything. Thanks for the info 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 297 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1343 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1342 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1484 views