Self Pay Help find Dr.

gbowl83
on 12/23/11 12:04 pm
Hi, I recently had my RNY by Dr. Hoddinott and my sister has decided she wants WLS now too. But she wants Lap Band. Does anyone know who is a good Dr that takes self pay patients and do they accept payments?
knowbetterdobetter
on 12/26/11 12:30 am - FL
RNY on 03/26/12
A lot of people who are self pay go out of the country. One of the names that come up often is Dr Aceves in Mexico.
Emily F.
on 12/30/11 9:37 am
Lapband in Mexico is a very hard issue bc you have to find someone to do fills and unfills.

Have you read the stats on lapband? Only about 20% successful after 5 years. Most doctors are going to the sleeve. Check out local bariatric hospitals and seminars to find sleeve surgeons.
For great WLS info join me here  www.dsfacts.com
Sunbunnyqt
on 2/24/12 1:22 pm - FL
What area are you in? A WLS group in St. Petersburg, FL has been having contests to win free lapband surgery. The recent contest closed at the end of January but you might tell your sister about it so she can be looking for a similar contest. See http://www.obesitynomorefl.com/
Mercyg
on 1/15/13 6:24 pm - Hialeah, FL
RNY on 12/10/12
I am self paid and I had my surgery in dade county. Carecredit gets u credit and u pay it like a credit card. In their site it will show you a list of which doctors take their card....good luck.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 306 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1350 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1349 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1491 views