Just looking for new friends

finding.the.new.me
on 5/9/13 1:10 am - FL

Hello everyone. I had gastric bypass 12/12 and lost 70lbs so far and feel so stuck. I would love to make some new friends that can relate and give me advice. I have a husband who is awesome and my best support group,he even has started to run with me so we can do a 5k. I would just like others. People who understand I guess you can say. Maybe if anyone is close by me we can get a walking group. As I mention I plan on doing the run or dye 5k in sept in jacksonville so I would love to have more friends. We all could use a bigger support group. Well I hope everyone has a great day and thanks.

Another Fatone
on 5/9/13 2:59 pm - inglis, FL
RNY on 08/28/13

HI

70lbs sounds pretty terrific to me. What is your goal?

finding.the.new.me
on 5/11/13 6:13 am - FL

Oh I know 70lbs is good,just seems sometimes I should have lost more but my goal is 150. So I have59lbs to go as of today.

Another Fatone
on 5/11/13 9:06 am - inglis, FL
RNY on 08/28/13

I am new. I have only been to the 1st seminar. I am now waiting to be contacted.

What is your daily food intake requirement?

What is your daily exericise requirement?

finding.the.new.me
on 5/11/13 9:58 pm - FL

Well congrats for making that first step and getting the ball going. Sometimes waiting is the worse and feels like forever. To be honest I have just been able to actually eat the last month or so. I had an extremly hard time eating anything at all the first 4 months. Most days I eat breakfast: cheese stick w/3 ritz cracker, lunch 1oz shredded jennie o turkey sandwich meat,1/40z of lettuce n tomato with 1/4 teaspoon sal dressing and dinner is usually 1oz fish n 1oz sal. and thats alot for me. Somedays I just can't eat but crackers. My stomach has a mind of its own and somedays I will eat a little more but thats usually the routine. I am suppose to drink protein shakes and I use to love them but I cant stomach it at all.I don't know what its. So I waste more than anything else but i do know for me if it smells sugary its not going in. Its a game of finding what I can eat and its so fustrating in the begining because your mind is telling you you want to eat that pizza or ice cream but you can't. I couldn't physically do it. I think its a mental set. You have to have you mind in this journy as much as your want for it. Due to the first few months only being able to drink green tea I had no energy to exercise but now I walk 3miles in the morning and another 3 in the afternoon. I also do 30minutes on my eliptical and starting monday I will be turning one of the 3 miles into a run. My goal is to do one 5k a month. I also started to do some free weights because I have the arms when you wave they keep waving after you have stopped lol Everyone is diffrent when it comes to food so please take that into consideration and I hope I didn't scare you. I know I had made a friend through facebook and I had answered some questions for him and he can't understand how he won't be able to eat like he wants. This was the best thing ever and as long as you have friend,family and fellow people who have gone through this it will make it so much easier for you.I hope this helped you and good luck.

Another Fatone
on 5/12/13 12:08 am - inglis, FL
RNY on 08/28/13

I was in the Army for 8 years....but I never got used to waiting. I'll have to learn...better. I did a weigh-in at the seminar. I am 307. Is that the official weight for insurance purposes?

The diet thing is very interesting. Sounds like one has to makes lots of changes. At present I am a "foodie". I can eat everything. I am ready to make lots of changes.

I have family members that are bi-polar (sp?). They seem to have interesting lives. I suppose each case is different.

Did you have the R N Y? That's what I want....I think.

Exercise - 3 miles in the morning and another 3 in the afternoon. Sounds good to me. Don't over do it. How much water do you drink per day?

I sure helps talking to someone who is in the "process".

Harry

finding.the.new.me
on 5/12/13 5:02 am - FL

My official weigh in for insurance was 280 but im short I am only 5'2 so i look like humpty dumpty lol,well i did. I look more woman now.You do have to make alot of changes with your food and the best advice is start today,which it sounds like you have. I could eat everything also trust me. But having thr RNY done I can't eat a fraction of what I want. I didn't go to support group meetings because honestly I didnt think it would help just listen to people talk but it has. I have missed the last few due to my schooling and daughters softball but as soon as sports is done back I go.Yes being bi-polar is interesting at times and also makes it harder for me because I couldn't take my meds until I found it in liquid form so my moods made me want to eat and i couldnt.Its a cycle but Im on tract and Im not ashame of who I am. Most ppl dont even know i have it until i tell them.

I dont drink water,just green tea. I have tried but for some reason I cant drink water,even flavored water.The dr said just keep trying to drink water but as long as i can drink then drink the green tea. So I drink about the 64 ozs a day.

It does help no matter what step ur in this process to talk to others. Wel I find it does.

Another Fatone
on 5/12/13 5:15 am - inglis, FL
RNY on 08/28/13

When you woke up from the R N Y was there a lot of pain?

finding.the.new.me
on 5/12/13 8:01 am - FL

I was sore and maybe a 7 for pain but the second day i was fine. I expected it to be alot worse for pain and it wasn't.

Another Fatone
on 5/12/13 8:08 am - inglis, FL
RNY on 08/28/13

Good Thanks.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 288 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1331 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1334 views