Panni on Fl medicaid/medicare

missdysthmic
on 6/10/14 9:18 am, edited 6/10/14 9:21 am - Dunnellon, FL

I have searched the site and google for that matter with no luck thus far so thought I would just reach out and ask.... Anyone have info on a panni procedure being covered by medicaid/medicare? I have had MRSA under my "folds" now, heat rashes, skin tears, (documented by doctors and some requiring small surgeries) also my panni is now just inches above my knees :( I am 36 and it is causing my walking and balance to be affected at this point too. I have an appointment with a Dr Mast at UF Shands  in July but have heard it may not be covered. At this point I fear I may be living with this skin for the rest of my life and the pain and discomfort it carries. Thanks in advance for the help.

FloridaElf
on 6/17/14 9:00 am - Clearwater, FL

have heard of ONLY ONE Plastic Surgeon in Florida that has fought Insurance companies to pay for these procedures after we lose the weight.

In July I am planning to start asking too. After I talk with my Primary doctor as you'll need to get referrals too. As any surgery post-op from Bariatric

needs to be medically needed for insurance to even consider paying for it. Usually Body Skin Removal is NOT Covered at all.

What are your doctors telling you? The one I know is Dr. Naji K. Baddoura  near USF in New Tampa area.   http://www.drbaddoura.com

Have you've looked into Care Credit to help pay. It's a loan company  http://www.carecredit.com/

Good Luck.

missdysthmic
on 10/10/14 10:02 am - Dunnellon, FL

I found him!!! My surgery was done Oct 2 at UF Shands by Dr Mast of plastic surgery. Medicaid and medicare did not contest his request for a full Fleur does Li's abdominal plasty. I am still very sore and swollen but grateful this was covered. I was told the severity of my panis and skin was why they never disputed it. In 22 months I have lost more than 220 and have started to finally see myself. My true self.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 303 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1347 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1347 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1488 views