Air/Gas Pain in my chest+vomiting

lbs_b_gone
on 7/7/10 2:04 pm
I'm a week post op from having the FOBI POUCH and I've been having severe pain in my chest when I go to eat or drink anything. I've been vomiting up clear liquid all day long and it has tiny bubbles.  This is so painful.  Please let me know if anyone has experienced this in the past. The doctor is sending me for x-rays in the morning.  I'm so scared and don't know what to do.  It hurts so bad when I go to drink or digest anything.  It's a sharp pain when I swallow and then I fill like my chest expands with air.  Never had a heart attack but that's what it feels like to me. Please help with any advice.

Thanks,

Yolanda
Thanks,

Yolie
(deactivated member)
on 7/8/10 11:11 am
lbs_b_gone
on 7/8/10 1:14 pm
Thanks yalg22:

Just wanted to update everyone.... Well, I'm not sure what was going on yesterday, but today I'm feeling much better.  I went to the hospital for x-rays and they all came out fine.  I'm not feeling any pain so we'll just have to see how things go.  Keep me lifted up in prayer and I really appreciate everyone responses and concern.  Once again thank you all and God bless.

Yolanda
Thanks,

Yolie
emykol
on 7/8/10 2:26 pm - Toluca Lake, CA
I know that this had to be a scary time for you... Just know that God is with you. You will get through this...With God for you, nothing will harm you... God bless you Yolanda.

Just think this time next year this will be a distant memory....and you will be skinnnnnnnnnnny.... 

I'm praying for you....
lbs_b_gone
on 7/15/10 10:00 am
Thank you so much for thanking the time out to respond to my post.  I'm feeling much better, but still vomiting here and there I guess that's part of the process.  Certain foods do not agree with me and I have to bring them back up.  Is this normal?
Thanks,

Yolie
Jim N.
on 7/15/10 4:04 pm
I have found that former food favorites no longer work for me.  My pouch tolerates some foods but not others.  My son and I had surgery the same day.  I can eat eggs but he cannot.  I'm not sure if there is a scientific reason.  Ugh.  I find its best to introduce no more than one new food per day.  That way, you will find what is not going to agree with you.  The best defense against vomiting is chewing.  The ring is only 1.2 cm.  It doesn't take much to clog the ring and make you throw up.  I got a chewable vitamin caught and it took hours to free up.
If I get something stuck, all it takes is 3 gulps of soda.  Everything comes up like a geyser.  The pain is greater when you get something stuck early on.  As months pass from surgery, it becomes less painful but just as annoying.

Best of luck!!!!
V. Lumsden
on 8/23/10 10:58 am - New York, NY
Hi Yolanda, Just read you notes. How are you feeling now? I was actually searching for answers myself. Everytime i eat or drink i get pain and sometimes real gas in my stomach. I had my surgery on august 9th. should i be worried?
veronica

Most Active