Finding a new way to look at things...

Barbara C.
on 9/8/10 11:37 pm - Raleigh, NC
Like most of us, I have times when I just don't take as care of myself as I should. I have started to do something that seems to be helping me focus on doing the things that I need to do and I thought I'd share it with you. I now start my day thinking about something I appreciate in each of the following categories: appearance, health and quality of life. I started doing this because I had started focusing on negative things, such as my turkey neck or that I wasn't doing something I should be doing. This little morning exercise makes me take a moment to focus on why I did this and then what I 'WANT' to do to keep the those things in place... The things I like vary, but the impact of this has been huge. I can get a little too focused on my excess skin and that's why I decided to find something I like about my appearance. I try to find something that I appreciate about my health and quality of life because it makes me focus on why I want to make choices that will allow me to continue to enjoy my improved health and quality of life. 

Barbara
ObesityHelp Coach and Support Group Leader
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/bcumbo_group/
High-264, Current-148, Goal-145

Most Active