New to this

tiggermickey
on 9/11/10 10:05 am - Michigan City, IN
Hi Everyone
My name is Judy,I am about to go through:Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass surgery
I was wondering how everyone is after it..as its scares me
I really need the support..I know I have to loose 25  lbs before hand,how did you do it
LexBish
on 9/12/10 4:55 am - Lexington-Fayette, KY
Hi Judy,
The two week diet I was on prior to surgery was a purely liquid diet.  I bought skim milk and protein powder and committed to it...and I lost 13 pounds in the first 11 days.  It was a real challenge because I still got hungry pre-op...which you won't have to worry about post-op.  I tried heating my chocolate shake (like hot chocolate) and don't recommend it!...it was not good.  However, I did freeze some of the chocolate shakes (not completely frozen) and ate them with a spoon.  I also had chicken broth to help with the salty cravings and the need for something hot.
A word to the wise --- buy a small container of lemon juice and add a few drops to each bottle of water...this will help flush impurities from your liver...and will help you to SHRINK your liver...which I'm sure your surgeon has told you is very important.
I wish you the best of luck with your surgery.  If you have any questions, let me know...I'll answer anything you want to ask.
Most Active