Finally home from the Hospital!!

cindyls06
on 3/23/11 2:33 am - Marietta, GA
First thanks to all of you for your prayers!! I sure did need them. I had my surgery last week Wed 3/16/11 and I had complications so I wasn't able to come home until yesterday. The surgery itself went fine with no leaks. The problem was basically my bodies reaction to the surgery.

Did. not. like. it.

My stomach was swollen and it was impossible for me to keep any liquids down. Dr. Macik was great he came by to check on me every day and essentially told me that it would take about a week for the swelling to reduce and 1 week later I am home. It was quite an unpleasant experience and more than one time, I just wished I could have my old stomach back and be fat for the rest of my life.

The first couple of days in there were  kind of a blur at this point. But I do know at one point my blood pressure went down to 66/59 (due to dehydration) and then there were like a million people in my room and then I just remember waking up the next morning and my blood pressure was back to normal.

This kind of took a toll on my poor mother, who wound up going to the ER at the hospital 2x while she was looking after me because she was so busy taking care of me she wasn't taking care of herself. So my sister flew in and i sent my mom back to my house. It was a kind of blessing in disguise because there actually was a problem with my mom and she wouldn't have gotten it checked out or resolved right away if she wasn't already in the hospital and it likely would have caused more problems and she would be worse off.

Anyway so this was not an optimal experience and perhaps one day I will look back on this experience and say I would do it all over again in a heartbeat. But for now, I am just glad that is over.

But I would like to say once again that Dr. Macik and the staff at Northside Hospital were really great!

Thanks everyone for your prayers!

-C

izzy2008
on 3/23/11 10:15 am
HEY CINDYLS06!!! I AM SO GLAD YOU ARE DOING OK AND GLAD TO SEE YOU POSTING AGAIN...   GIRlllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllL!!!!!!   I KNOW HOW YOU ARE FEELING ABOUT "WANTING YOUR OLD STOMACH BACK AND JUST STAYING FAT"   I FELT THE SAME EXACT WAY EARLY OUT, BUT BELIEVE ME IT GETS BETTER... 

I SENT MY CELL NUMBER TO YOU IN YOUR FACEBOOK (INBOX), CALL ME IF YOU NEED  ***ANYTHING***** (!)

DISCLAIMER** MY PC IS  ACTIN (lol...) UP SO HOPEFULLY YOU GOT THE MESSAGE (I SENT IT TWICE) LOL...

IZZY

Wanna know about my type of surgery? Visit www.dsfacts.com 

IZZY
HW/338 SW/321 CW/205
GW/185  (20 lbs from my goal!!! YaY!!)

cindyls06
on 3/23/11 10:39 am - Marietta, GA
Hi Izzy, I didn't get your phone number, but I have your email. i will just email you and you can just respond to me. I might just take you up on the phone call. My family is great, but they all are looking at me like deers in headlights when my tummy rejects what I put in it.

They are supportive but don't understand. Oh yeah and my dad is here sitting next to me and he just called my mom (who is out shopping) and asked her to bring him back a Spicy Chicken with French Fries from Wendy's.  SERIOUSLY???? 

I just had a little problem with just drinking my apple juice/water too fast..lol..

So mad. I really want the chicken and I am not even hungry!!  But when it gets here I am sure the smell is not going to agree with me.

Oh well. I know it will get better!

nilesmama08
on 3/24/11 4:28 am - Atlanta , GA

I was worried about you after reading posts on the GA board.  I am glad you are home and sleeved. I pray that God continues to heal you and give you strength.  Congrats to you!

Stephanie

Lynne
on 3/24/11 5:16 pm - Macon, GA
Welcome home... and things do get better, just remember sip, sip, sip... you need those fluids.

Get well soon,

Lynne
Highest 330,    Surgery 297,     Goal 140.     Current 130
First Dr visit - 330 -
BMI 58.4,    Surgery - 297  BMI 52.6
01/24/2011 - 196 BMI 34.7 (ONEderland YEAH!!!),                 ...GeorgiaPink
08/10/2011 Reached GOAL Baby! 140 BMI 24.0                           is my Angel.
08/24/2011
- 139 BMI 23.8 One Year Anniversary 

Roxy2974
on 3/25/11 3:40 am - Austell, GA
I am gonna get u!
I am glad u are home. Call me if u need anything.

HW: 410 PLD: 401 SW: 388.8 CW: 240 GW: 180                   

Use Code: TouchstoneGA12 to get your OH conference tickets for $49.00
Roxy2974
on 3/25/11 3:43 am - Austell, GA
U need some sippie cups like a baby, I'll bring u some tomorrow call me Woman!

HW: 410 PLD: 401 SW: 388.8 CW: 240 GW: 180                   

Use Code: TouchstoneGA12 to get your OH conference tickets for $49.00
MARIA F.
on 3/25/11 9:08 am - Athens, GA

Hope everything goes well!

FormerlyFluffy.com

Most Active