Feeling Much Better After Complications!

cindyls06
on 4/24/11 6:49 am - Marietta, GA
Hi guys! 

I just wanted to give you an update. I know the last time I posted on here, I felt like I was coming apart at the seams. But I am much better now. After being home for 6 weeks I am FINALLY going back to work tomorrow.

I got sleeved on 3/16 and had several complications, but after being in the hospital a week with my swollen sleeve, lots of nausea and vomitting for 4 weeks, then 2 EGD's (scopes down my throat), and a throat infection. I am finally feeling almost normal. I still have bouts of nausea pretty much everyday, a little retching here and there, but no vomitting. My nausea pretty minimal (in comparison to before) and I am confident it will go away in time. I also have another EGD in several weeks so Macik can make sure everything is still going ok.

I was feeling buyers remorse up until last week. But I know I made the right decision. There are just a LOT of adjustments now that I am guessing you can't understand until you experience them for yourself, even with reading OH posts and watching YouTube videos.  

But I am sooo much better now.. Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for your support.

-Cindy

Nick E.
on 4/24/11 8:42 am - Duluth, GA
Cindy
Hang in there. It will get easier as time passes and you learn how to work your new tool. I have a friend at work that is 2 years out and she said she was a year out before the nausea issue completely disappeared and most of the time it was from eating too fast.  I am 8 months out and I have adjusted to my new "Fuel not Food" reality. I seem to tolerate warm drinks better than cold, so I drink lots of Diet Hot Cholcolates / Nesquik mixed with Whey Protein and Dry Skim Milk to get my required protein. I also eat lots of Wendy's Chili and misc. Brunswick Stews and Soups. I also had Macik for my Surgeon and he has taken good care of me so far.

cindyls06
on 4/25/11 9:15 am - Marietta, GA
Hi Nick,
Thanks for your encouragement, things get a little better everyday Thank God!  A year of nausea!!! I don't know how I could deal with that.  What is crazy is that if I eat I don't get nauseas. I don't eat all that slowly - like waiting 1 minutes between bites..because the I take are SUPER small and I chew for days. If I miss a meal, or move to much while I am drinking, nausea is sure to follow.

I can't wait until I am further out..lol..Oh and I went and got some Hormel Chili - its great!

Dr Macik has been really really great through all my complications. He visited me every single day  in the hospital to check on me and make recommendations on how to proceed. He has been pretty much on the money when he gave me recovery time for estimates for each of my issues once diagnosed. He is also doing good follow-up to make sure my complications are gone. Love him!

Thanks for responding!

-Cindy

LaShelle2
on 4/25/11 2:14 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
Hey,

I am glad you are feling better.  I know it's pretty miserable now, but it willbe so worth it once you heal and feel like yourself again and those pounds start dropping off.

Hang in there. There really is a light at the end of the tunnel.

**** I AM AN OH SUPPORT GROUP LEADER ****
WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

cindyls06
on 4/25/11 9:20 am - Marietta, GA
Thanks LaShelle!!

It's tough, but everyday I notice something is working or looking a little better and that is making a huge difference in how I feel emotionally about this whole thing.  I was a 24 in February and I can wear my 20's now (that is crazy to me...I haven't worn these clothes since like 2005..lol),

It makes it easier here lately to deal with my tempermental little sleeve when it acts up..lol..

Oh and you are looking FA-BU-LOUS!!!!!!   It's really amazing and inspiring.

Thanks girl,

Cindy

Most Active