Just had my surgery 06/29

MDD0929
on 7/2/11 7:48 am - GA
Hello everyone;
I just had my Roux-en-Y rhia Wednesday 29,  everything went better than I expected. However, I am not able to dring the whole amount of 4 oz liquid.It has been three days and  I am getting 2 oz and I feel that I am going to blow up,extremelly  full (bloated) and  I am not hungry. I supposed to be drinking every hour 4 oz and I had been taking down 2oz and waiting over 1 1/2 to 2 hours to eat again. I have been trying to sip water and keep my self hydrated. But my concern is that while I am getting the fluid down it is hurting a little right on the stomach. Is this something unusual? Does anyone knows? I am seeing my doc next Tuesday.

Please let me know,
MDD
CColeman
on 7/2/11 1:47 pm
Try sucking on some SF Popsicles. It gives you fluids and tastes good too. Popsicles made my new pouch feel better.

Good luck!

MDD0929
on 7/2/11 10:34 pm - GA
Thanks, what I am scared off is that I have chronic acid reflux and anything with fruits in it will trigger it, so I am scared of trying those. But hey, I sure will give it a try a little at the time.
Taking my life back one pound at the time        
Nick E.
on 7/4/11 11:22 pm - Duluth, GA
once you have clearance to non-clear liquids from your Dr. then you may want to consider room temperature water with crystal light powder and skim milk if you aren't lactose intolerant. I lived on warm low sugat hot chocolate made with powdered skim milk for a few weeks to get my liquids in. It gets easier. Congratulations on starting your WLS adventure!!!

MDD0929
on 7/5/11 7:40 am - GA
Thank you, any ideas are appreciated. I was told today that I may be lactose intolerance so I will have to work on that.
Thanks again
Taking my life back one pound at the time        
Most Active