Half the Man

Nick E.
on 7/21/11 11:07 pm - Duluth, GA
This morning I hit my second stretch goal. I have now lost half of my original starting weight of 360lbs after starting this 23 month journey. Strangely, I am having very mixed feelings this morning now that I have reached my stretch goal of  weighing in at 179.5lbs..

I am obviously excited but I also feel kind of depressed for some reason. Now i have to figure "Whats Next"! When I tell my family of my progress they seem to all be concerned that I have lost too much, give me that worried look, and say i look like my Father who we lost to Cancer last year.
My only real regret is that I waited till I was 60 years old to have the WLS and I wish I had back all those years that I struggled with obesity and related health issues.

Semper Fi - If not Now then When!

CColeman
on 7/22/11 4:02 am
Congratulations of reaching your goal!

I can totally identify with your feelings of "What's next". I believe it is just the fear of the unknown. I try to be as excited about the "next phase" as I was for the first. I too would have like to have had the surgery 20 years ago, but I have to tell myself that I had to wait until it was "my time". The fact that the mortality rate dropped from 4% 10 years ago to .5% helped too!

I have also heard a lot of "You're not going to lose any more are you?" since about last October when I weighed about 20 more than I do now. I have been holding steady since the first of the year. That has helped with the comments. Though my Dear Husband says he would love to see me gain "10 or so" I am perfectly comfortable where I am. (except for the loose skin) I  still don't recognize myself in the mirror, but when I do see that woman, I like the way she looks.

So don't fear the future! Enjoy the new you!

Most Active