Today was the day

gigi2897
on 12/2/09 12:44 pm - Deer Park, TX
Hey everyone! I am lying here in my hospital bed and thought I would check in.  My hubby is great and brought my comeuter to me for my stay.  I woke upthis morning and really freaked out and told mom I didn't want to do this anymore so maybe I could just stay home.  She said no way.  When I got here I told Dr. Davis I changed my mind and he reminded me that we have been fighting too hard to get my approval so I couldn't back out now.  I actually went back by 7:45.  I wasn't supposed to head back to the OR until 8:30.  I cried the entire way there and I was shaking so much the nurse thought I was cold.  Juse nerves.  Once I was on the table they got meunder anesthesia and I don't remember anything until I woke uo sort of in recovery. They brought me up to my room long before I was really ready but oh well not the worst thing ever. I was so nauseated I cried for hours and everyone was tryingto help but nothing did.  I am still pretty nauseated but I am trying not to think about it too much.  Anyway since I slept all day I am afraid I won't be able to sleep tonight.  I hope the nausea goes away and despite all the yuckyness of the day for my I am relieved it is done!!  (I had a revision today from Lapband to RNY)

Nicole K.
on 12/3/09 2:07 pm - Kailua Kona, HI
 Congratulations Ginger!  Hope you're feeling better and back on your feet very soon!  Welcome to the looser's bench once again!

Aloha,
Nicole

brinn71
on 12/4/09 8:10 am - HI
 Ginger,
I hope you are feeling better and wish you the best in this new part of your journey.

Ole
pinkshrimp
on 12/6/09 4:07 pm - HI
Congrats on your revision!  I know you've been waiting  and looking forward to it for so long.  I'm sure after a few days, you will not look back and you'll be happy you went through it!  Sending you some Aloha from the Islands and wishing you a quick recovery!!
!viki

Highest/Surgery Day/Current/Goal
315 300 /  159.8/ 160

Nahealani
on 12/14/09 4:31 am - vancouver, WA
Awwhhh Ginger I wish was was there for you.  I hope you are feeling better.  Just wait you will be in size 10 in no time flat!!! You can do it girl!!! You are awesome!!!

Aloha,
Asia

5'4": Surgery 240/Current 135/Goal 140 = 105 lbs lost!!!  BMI 22.5 I'm Normal  

6 Years Later highest 198 / Current 176 / Goal 140
Hit Goal on 5/14/09 8 months out! 
  Join us on the Lightweights Board!

Most Active