Big Island Newbie

xmastm
on 3/19/10 12:01 pm
Hi.  I almost got a RNY about 8 years ago, but chickened out at the last minute.  Gonna do it this time, but decided on a lap band instead. With a BMI of 68, i'm pretty sure I'll be ok'd, but  I haven't yet decided on a hospital or surgeon.  I'm on the Big Island, but will, of course, need to have it done on Oahu.  Any ideas? Suggestions?
Cris
Nicole K.
on 3/20/10 5:21 pm - Kailua Kona, HI
 Hi Cris,

I used Dr. Fowler at Castle Medical Center.  He comes to Hilo once a month (which is great for getting adjustments on the band).  All of the pre-op testing can be done here on the Big Isle, and then you just need to go to Oahu for a few appointments and the surgery.

Hope this helps!  Welcome to the board and good luck with your process!  Feel free to ask any questions you may have.  This Board is a little slow at times, so be sure to check out the lapband board also.

Aloha,
Nicole

xmastm
on 3/22/10 1:49 am
Wow.  Thanks, Nicole.  I had about decided on Queens, but with this information, I will reconsider.  All those trips to Oahu --especially for the adjustments-- are a bit daunting.  And I actually didn't know there was a lap-band board.  I'm there!
Most Active