I'm Home

Janet Kwiek
on 5/29/07 1:35 pm - IL
I'm Home Original Post by Janet Kwiek at 8:33 PM PST on 05/29/2007 Carol Stream, ILRNY (05/25/2007)
Photo of Janet Kwiek It was a very intense surgery. When he opened me up he found a ton of scar tissue and adhesions that he had to remove and re-route my innards some. There was also a peach sized mass that he found and had to remove, no cancer Thank You Jesus. Then he had to fix a hiatal hernia and large ventral hernia. So I used up too much time on the table and had to get a band instead. Came home today w/anti biotics for an infection somewhere and have to see a ton of Dr.s in the next week but I'm home and on the mend.too tired to talk-thanks for all prayers-Janet
Post a reply View Janet Kwiek's profile Send Personal Message to Janet Kwiek Find other messages posted by Janet Kwiek
ReneeW
on 5/29/07 1:50 pm - IL
Hi Janet, I am so glad to see you are home, and the Dr. fixed you up. You get your rest and recover, I hope you are feeling better soon.
autismmom
on 5/29/07 2:53 pm - energy, IL
im glad your home now and no cancer. i hope you continue to feel better tomorrow. What do you mean they had to do the band instead? Do you mean you went in for a RNY but they ended up doing a lapband?
ChristineB
on 5/29/07 8:35 pm - Western 'Burbs Chgo, IL
I am glad that you are home and doing as well as you are. When you feel up to chatting some more tell us about the band, I am going to assume you meant that he put in the lapband or some other type of band. Get yourself back on your feet and fight off that infection. You have some of the best doctors in that group and they will get you through it.  Christine

Open RNY May 7
260/155/140 

Pam S.
on 5/29/07 10:52 pm - Rockford, IL
GLAD YOUR HOME JANET.......SOUNDS LIKE ALL WENT WELL WITH YOU!  YOU GET SOME REST AND I WILL LOOK FOWARD TO READING YOUR FUNNY COMMENTS SOON!
berts4
on 5/29/07 10:53 pm - Rock City, IL
Dear Janet: Glad to hear that you are home and resting.  It sounds like they fixed you up pretyy good. Fight the infection and follow all other orders and I hope you will be feeling better soon.

Tell someone that you love them!
Dawn
253/223/167/127
HW/SW/CW/GW

Lucy M.
on 5/30/07 1:36 am - Conway, SC

Welcome Home Janet! My prayers are with you for a speedy recovery. Keep us posted. You've got a great group of doctors taking care of you!! They better or else...

Hugs, Lucy

484.8/383.4/241/188/150 
                  Sexy 
Pre-op/RNY day/pre DS day/current/goal-  Realize Band 5/15/08; RNY 6/8/05, Removal Band and RNY to DS 8/25/10. RNY & Band surgeon was Dr. Guske.

C. Richardson
on 5/30/07 2:08 am
Hi Janet!   I'm so glad to hear an update on you.  Wow, sounds like you need some serious RNR.  Listen to your body and just take it easy.  Good to hear the mass was "clean". Big Hugs!! Christina

outtlaww1
on 5/30/07 7:01 am - westville, IL
WOW! glad to hear all went well. Glad to hear the mass was benign. Take it easy and get yourself  better. My prayers go out to you for a speedy recovery.
Ronna
on 5/30/07 8:53 am - Hoffman Estates, IL
Oh Janet, I'm so sorry you had to go through all that.  Hopefully this is the worst of it and things will get better every day!  You have a great group of doc's looking out for you.  So hang inthere and you will be fine.
Regards and hugs,

Ronna
Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1073 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5601 views
Tuesday Roll Call
crystal M. · 2 replies · 5344 views
Sunday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 0 replies · 5372 views