MEDICAID AND MEDICARE SURGEONS LIST!

ashley32
on 3/6/11 1:25 am - IL
Hello,

I just want to let everyone know that Mount Sinai Hospital (close to downtown) has a new Bariatric Center.  And the best part is ... they take MEDICAID/PUBLIC AID - a tough find in the city so I wanted to get the word out to anyone this can help!

I met the Surgeon (who's easy to talk to) and they have cookng classes and exercise programs geared towards Bariatric patients.

You can get more info about them by calling 773-257-2020 or email their coordinator at [email protected].

I'm really excited to have this new option with IDPA and I am hoping to have my surgery in the next few months@ and will keep everyone posted.

Take Care,
Ashley
dlashoni
on 4/5/11 6:02 pm
Do you know if there is a long waiting list?

Donna
ashley32
on 4/17/11 11:04 am - IL
Hi Donna!

sorry for the late response ... there is NO WAIT LIST at Mount Sinai's bariatric program.  They have regular orientation sessions that give you all the info you need.  You can find the next one by calling 773-257-2020 or email then at [email protected]

Good luck!
dlashoni
on 4/18/11 3:32 am
Thanks for responding. I called Mount Sinai Bariatic clinic and they only take Illinois medicaid. I went to my infor session at The university of Chicago last week. I don't go for evaluation until Sept 2011 but I am a little scared because I have just been dx: with diabetes three week ago and I have four months to lose weight or i will be on medication or shots. I can tell the symptoms in my legs.

When I went to the info session meeting on 12th of April. Many of the people there where looking at me like I shouldn't be there. Yes, I am only 205lbs and I am 5'3 but guess what my body can't take my body size. Obesity doesn't mean you have to be 300 lbs +. It means that your body mass is causing to much stress  your over all health. I have felt the disappointment of being over weight,  viewed by  thinner people but i didn't think I would feel over weight by obesic people until April 12, 2011. It hurt and I felt uncomfortable but then i thought about what was important: My life. So I didn't care what anyone thought as long as I could make my life better and healther.
(deactivated member)
on 3/21/11 11:25 am - Davis Junction, IL
I currently live in Davis Junction, IL and i am trying to find a surgeon that will accept Medicaid to cover for Lapband surgery. I have been trying to search, and i called a place in Rockford illinois, they told me that only in Auroa, IL or Chicago,IL i am not sure which will be closer or better but i would appreciate any information in regards on where to go that will cover my procedure completely.
morley74
on 5/3/11 10:57 am
 I had the lap band about 8yrs ago. I now have a slipped band and can not find anyone to repair it. I currently have Medicaid. The surgeon that performed the surgery does not take Medicaid. At time of Surgery I had Blue Cross.. Please advised if you know who can repair my band.. Deperate need....I gained 50lbs in the last year....

Thanks
Lora Leach
on 5/18/11 5:08 am - Goreville, IL
I am on medicaid and am looking to see about having a revision done. I had the gastric bypass done 6 years ago and lost about 120 lbs and have gained back about 50 lbs of it. Do you know any doctors in Illinois or in the St. Louis area that accepts the medical card and how hard is it get medicaid to approve you for a revision? I have tried a diet under a drs care as well as being put on phentrimine ,etc to try to lose the extra weight. I lose it to only gain it right back. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!!! 
(deactivated member)
on 12/27/11 7:08 am, edited 12/27/11 7:59 am
 Need SURGEON/FACILITY in/near:  Springfield, IL 
OR south-central IL or  St Louis, MO  

INSURANCE = Medicare w/ Medicaid Secondary
BMI = 52.13 kg/m2 (Obese Class III)

Any/all Medicare/Medicaid help/information welcomed!
mistyblue57
on 6/7/11 5:46 am - FL

Phone number

Facility

Address

This list will remain here for our members to access and use. Thank you so much!!! 

Phone number

Facility

Address

This list will remain here for our members to access and use. Thank you so much!!! 

Phone number

Facility

Address

Phone number

Facility

Address

Phone number

Facility

Address

Phone number

Facility

Address

Phone number

Facility

Address

Phone number

Facility

Address

Phone number

Facility

Address

Phone number

Facility

Address

Phone number

Facility

Address

Pam M.
on 6/10/11 10:10 am - Orland Hills, IL
Dr. Fred Tiesenga Chicago Center for Bariatric Surgery /Westlake Hospital takes medicaid for the sleeve and the band. I started the process in March with the informative meeting and got approved TODAY June 10, 2011. Less than three months. Their staff is great and they cover all the bases.His information is on here but here it is:1950 N Harlem
Elmwood Park, IL 60707
Phone: (708) 453-6800

So often times it happens, that we live our lives in chains, and we never even know we have the key!!        
Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1073 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5601 views
Tuesday Roll Call
crystal M. · 2 replies · 5344 views
Sunday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 0 replies · 5372 views
Thursday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5408 views