friday roll call

christielyons
on 10/23/08 9:44 pm - Wheeling, IL
good morning all! my weight this morning is 225!!  yay!  =) only a couple more pounds until i'm under a 35 bmi!  woohoo!  =)

hope everyone has a great weekend.  we've got lots on tap.  tonight we're going trick or treating at my daughters school.  quite fun actually!  you go class to class.  fun for the kids and nice and warm being indoors.  sunday, going to moms house and trick or treating there!  my oldest  is going to be a mermaid, 2nd a princess, and the baby will be daisy duck.  can't wait!  hopefully i'll get lots of pictures.  should be fun! 

hope everyone has a great weekend!!!

Christie 
RNY 8/2002.  lost 180#s. 3 babies and 6 yrs later, relearning and losing again!
SW = 295  CW = 225  GW = 170

crystal M.
on 10/23/08 9:59 pm - Joliet, IL
Hello everyone,

YEAH its Friday!!!!!   I've looking forward to this day since Monday at 6:00 am (the time I walked into work).  I have a couple of people to train today.  We are so far behind we are stealing people from other finance departments and cross training them to help out (all over time of course).  Money for Christmas.   

I don't have alot going on this weekend.  I have a pancake breakfast to go to tomorrow.  My nephew's wrestling team is hosting it.  Not much going on Sunday.  I'm already looking forward to Thanksgiving weekend.  I get 4 days off and my daughter will be home. 

Christie - enjoy your little ones at Halloween.  I have such good memories trick or treating with my daughter

Have a nice day and a good weekend.
Lucy M.
on 10/23/08 10:01 pm - Conway, SC
Hi Christie. Congratulations on your awesome weight loss!   I'm going to the doctors at noon. Not looking forward to it.

I've had major regain issues. Any words of wisdom?

I just love your selection of costumes for your daughters. That's something I missed out on in my life.

Wishing you and everyone a great weekend!

Lucy

484.8/383.4/241/188/150 
                  Sexy 
Pre-op/RNY day/pre DS day/current/goal-  Realize Band 5/15/08; RNY 6/8/05, Removal Band and RNY to DS 8/25/10. RNY & Band surgeon was Dr. Guske.

christielyons
on 10/23/08 11:40 pm - Wheeling, IL
not really sure about words of wisdom.  for me, it took a truthful evaluation into how i was eating.  drinking with all meals, eating fast food all the time.  and seeing my old before and afters was the true slap in the face that i needed to get my head back on straight.  now, its boiling down to pure will power.  there are days where i fail miserably, but for the most part, its still there.  in our pantry, i taped my before & afters so that i have to look at them before grabbing for those chips or whatever else junky food might be there.  best of luck to you!!!!!  good luck at your doctor appointment!  will be routing for you

Christie 

Lucy M.
on 10/24/08 9:30 am - Conway, SC
Christie, thanks for your reply.

I'm going to keep it in mind. It's a great life. I'm going to try doing what you did too.

I'll keep in touch.

Thanks
Lucy

484.8/383.4/241/188/150 
                  Sexy 
Pre-op/RNY day/pre DS day/current/goal-  Realize Band 5/15/08; RNY 6/8/05, Removal Band and RNY to DS 8/25/10. RNY & Band surgeon was Dr. Guske.

(deactivated member)
on 10/23/08 10:36 pm - Park Forest, IL
Good Morning Illinois,

It's rainy and chilly here, and supposed to get colder to boot! I cannot seem to get warm lately, don't know what I'll do when winter hits.  Can a 50 pound weight loss make that much of a difference?  I used to be hot all the time.  I am not menopausal...been there, did that when I was 35, years ago. Guess I have to learn to dress in layers or something.  I am still trying to get back on track so I took some time off from all the work at my daughters. Trying to focus on my food journal ans water, the two things I am struggling with. My weight has stayed the same hasn;t varied so I need to get back on track to continue losing.

We're picking my mom up in Wisconsin and bringing her here to visit for a week. Our youngest granddaughter sings in church on Sunday, so my mom will get to see that and then she'll be here for Halloween to see the girls in their costumes.  And of course we'll have to have some tea parties with the girls.  I have a recipe for an Apple Bread, from another OH'er, made with protein powder , that is really yummy.  I'm making 2 loaves today so there'll be something sweet for my mom to have with her tea and yet some nutrition involved.  My mom is only 83 pounds and 5'4" . when I have the opportunity I try to get as much nutrition into her as possible.  At home she eats mostly cookies & tea and canned soup, as she hates to cook. I have tried so many ways to get her to eat healthier but  hasn't worked yet.... We keep saying we're going to have to get Meals on Wheels for her but she says she wont eat them anyway  But when she is here she will eat lots of different foods and always manages to gain a few pounds.  Oh well  enough about that, it's been a life long problem.....

I hope you all have a great weekend. Hugs, Paulette
Nancy G.
on 10/23/08 10:49 pm - La Salle, IL
Good Morning Christie and Illinois Friends! 

I missed posting.  I think I was on the run all day yesterday.  I had my 6 month check up with my surgeon yesterday.  Got my first set of labs back and everything is looking good.  Whew!  I am absolutely amazed.  The cardiologist wanted to put me on cholesterol lowering drugs right before surgery as my cholesterol was through the roof.  Today it is 157 with anything under 199 being desirable.  My Triglycerides and LDL are also below the normal range and my HDL is in the range where it is susposed to be.  Woo Hoo!  My A1C was also in a good range.  Amazing what surgery can do for you!

As I was leaving, I ran into Janet who was on the way in for her appointment.  Seh really looks great!  We chatted for a few minutes.  She is so excited about getting below 200 lbs before her anniversary which is later this month.  Isn't it great to meet a goal before your planned time? 

By the time I got home from the doctors, it was time to take my cat to the vets.  She got pronounced healthy, got her shots and is ready to go for another year.  She was not thrilled to have to go.  Protested LOUDLY all the way there. 

When I got back from the Vet, I truned around and left for another dr. appointment. 

It was a wet rainy afternoon and I am fighting a cold/sore throat.  I ran through Culvers and got some chili.  It was really yoummy.  I am afraid to look at the nutritional stats but it really hit the spot! 

When I got home, FINALLY, my sister called and it seems that my nephew is headed for a divorce.  This really saddens me.  He has an almost 7 year old daughter with Down syndrome and a 5 year old.  This is the first divorce in our family and this makes me sick to hear about it.  I feel so badly for him and the children.  I cant stop thinking about it. 

On a positive note, it is Friday.  I teach a check class tomorrow but the rest of the weekend is free. 

Have a great day!

Cat Lady

Monica G.
on 10/23/08 10:58 pm - North Aurora, IL
Good Morning IL family,
Today is cold and rainy here.  I heard on the news this morning that dreaded "s" word might come on Sunday night a little bit.  I am NOT ready for that at all.  I don't even have a winter coat that fits me..uh oh.
Tyler's football game yesterday was ugly.  They lost 40 to 8.  Tyler played great but he's not the whole team.  We've had some issues with the coaches and what not, but it's over now.  Monday conditioning for wrestling starts!  That season will take us all the way through Feb I think.  yikes.  oh well, he keeps busy.
Today I have to take Tyler to the Dr at 2 for his monthly accutane check up which really is a bummer because I was supposed to meet Lucy today.  Something always seems to come up, but we'll meet up sometime Lucy, I Promise!! 
Other than that, nothing going on.
How come kids are trick or treating this weekend?  Halloween isn't until next weekend....weird to me...but fun too! 

Monica

christielyons
on 10/23/08 11:37 pm - Wheeling, IL
my mom lives in round lake and they've always done trick or treating the sunday before halloween.  makes it kind of nice as a kid cause then you've got 2 days for trick or treating!  =) 

Christie 

berts4
on 10/23/08 11:20 pm - Rock City, IL
Good morning Christie and the rest of Illinois!

Christie, that is AWESOME!!!!  You are doing so well, proving that regain is NOT the end!  I am so proud of you!  Keep it up!  Your girls' costumes sound really cute.  My kids are older now, so they don't really need to go trick or treating any more.  Liv is going to a party tomorrow night and dressing as a "dead volleyball player".  When they get older, they don't like "cute" any more.

Tonight is the last regular season game for David's school.  They are undefeated so far and tensions are running high!  I'm sure there will be a big turn out at the game.  Playoffs start next Saturday, and they will be in them.

The boys are going camping for Scouts tomorrow night, and Liv has that party.  I don't know what I will do all by myself!  I'm sure I'll figure out how to "veg" properly.  During the day tomorrow and Sunday, I think that I will make hot sauces, horseradish and maybe pesto for Christmas giving.  I need to harvest the herbs and dry them too.  I think I will give baskets with these things in them this year.  I need to find a pesto recipe.

The Cheech & Chong tickets have been spoken for, but I still have 4 for Jeff Dunham.

I am NOT liking the cold and wet, but I guess I will live, I always have.

Everyone have a lovely day!

Tell someone that you love them!
Dawn
253/223/167/127
HW/SW/CW/GW

Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1073 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5601 views
Tuesday Roll Call